Deadline of this Job:14 August 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Entebbe, East Africa
The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development through the Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines (Mines Department) is implementing the Mineral Wealth and Mining Infrastructure Project and Minerals Laboratories Equipping and systems Development Project.
In order to implement the above project efficiently and effectively, the Ministry seeks to recruit competent, trained and well-motivated persons to fill a number of vacancies in the Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines. The positions are on a contractual basis and subject to renewal upon satisfactory performance.
IT and Database Manager (1 POSITION)
Reports to: Coordinator of Uganda- ICGLR Mineral Tracking and Certification Unit
Establish and maintain up to date, real-time, reliable database(s), Pre-Shipment Inspection (PSI), and regularly harmonize the database.
Duties and responsibilities
• Establish and maintain up to date, real-time, reliable database(s) – the national mine site database (including location and status), the mineral tracking database, the national database of exporters (including location, ownership and status, record of third party audits) and manage the IT functions of the Unit.
• Input into the system database of all data necessary for the follow-up of the Pre-Shipment Inspection (PSI) mandates from validation till issuance of Mineral Export Certificates. iii. Regularly, harmonise databases with relevant authorities and produce monthly quarterly, and annual mineral statistics related to the Tin, Tantalite, Tungsten & Gold (3T&G).
Person Specifications Qualifications:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Information and Communication Technology (Database Management and Administration) from a recognized Institution.
• Postgraduate training in mineral database management and administration is an added advantage.
• At least five (5) years of professional working experience in Information Technology and database management.
• Competencies: Good communication skills (oral/written), high level of ethic and integrity, time management, flexibility, decision making, Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, excellent interpersonal skills; Team Player; Self-motivated, Should be customer-centric and have good analytical thinking skills.
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified candidates should submit applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of academic and other relevant documents, names and addresses of three referees to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development. Attn: Principal Human Resource Officer. Amber House, Second Floor Room, A 205, Kampala Road, Opposite Workers House not later than 14th August 2020 at 5:00 pm. The detail of the Job Advertisement (The Job duties and responsibilities) for the above positions can also be obtained from the Ministry's website: www.energyandminerals.go.ug
Please NOTE: The interviews for Askari and Cleaners will be held at the Regional offices.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.