Deadline of this Job:08 August 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda, Bushenyi, East Africa
Factory Ltd is a smallholder tea company that owns and operates Igara and Buhweju Tea Factories in Bushenyi & Buhweju respectively. The company is looking for a suitably qualified person to fill the following position:
Job Title: FIELD MANAGER (1)
Reports to: The General Manager
Purpose of the position
The purpose of the Field Manager's position is to administer the smooth running of the Company, implement board policies within the broad company guidelines as well as to coordinate the management of field operations of the company.
Major duties and responsibilities
• Develop field department's objectives and supervises his staff to ensure achievements of those objectives.
• Plan and organises field extension services and ensures that they reach the farmers and that farmers receive required training.
• Promotes planting of new estates among potential farmers and ensures that all farmers are provided with proper technical assistance in either expanding their existing tea estates or in establishing new ones.
• Develop, rehabilitates and maintains company tea estates as per management plan.
• Liaises with local government authorities to ensure regular road repairs, rehabilitation and routine maintenance.
• Ensures that operations connected with planting, upkeep, and timely harvesting of fuel wood carried out according to plan. • Plans and provides green leaf she
ds and ensures that there in good conditions, through maintained and prompt repair of those damaged.
• Ensures that individual farmers agricultural input requirement are met in a timely manner, their costs recovered and that farmers records are regularly updated.
• Supervises subordinate employees giving them feedback on their performances as may be necessary.
• Contributes to the running of Tea Factory Company by participating in the management team meetings, area works meetings and others as may be required. xi. Identifies training needs for his staff and recommends appropriate trainings to the Human Resource Manager.
• Carries out annual performance appraisal of employees in the Department and makes recommendations to the General Manager.
• Ensure that Field staff complies with company guidelines and policy and takes appropriate action on findings which require follow up.
• Review farmers request for advances in accordance to agreed policy and makes necessary recommendations to the General Manager. • Writes and submits to the General Manager reg
ular field Management reports as may be required.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the General Manager from time to time.
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Business Agribusiness Management, or other related agricultural studies with a specialization in crop husbandry.
• At least 5years of experience managing/supervising in the tea industry or agricultural production unit.
Job application procedure
All interested applicants should send in a letter of interest, detailed curriculum vitae with contacts of three (3) referees and certified copies of supporting academic and other related documents by 12:00noon on 8/08/2020.
All applicants should be addressed and physically brought or emailed to:
The General Manager
Igara Growers Tea Factory Ltd
P. O. BOX 110, BUSHENYI – UGANDA
Uganda Tea Development Agency Limited
P. O. Box 6204, Kampala.
Plot 821 Rubaga Road.
Ps. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and those who have already applied need not reapply.