Familiar with Uganda’s current environmental laws and regulations, At least Bachelor’s degree in environment management from a comprehensive university, hold relevant environment management qualification or training certificate, at least 10 years working experience in project health management. Previous working experience in Total, CNOOC and other international oil and gas companies is preferred.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:10 years
Sinopec International Petroleum Service Corporation (Sinopec Service) is a fully owned subsidiary of Sinopec Group, which ranks No. 2 in Global Fortune 500 in 2020. Sinopec Service is engaged in the provision of all project phases service for various sectors, including oil & gas, power, buildings, roads and bridges etc. We are looking for Construction and Project support personnel.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Familiar with Uganda’s current environmental laws and regulations, At least Bachelor’s degree in environment management from a comprehensive university, hold relevant environment management qualification or training certificate, at least 10 years working experience in project health management. Previous working experience in Total, CNOOC and other international oil and gas companies is preferred.
- Learning, understanding, and complying with all H3SE (Especially environment-related) procedures, rules, and practices which are always applicable to employees’ actions whether at or away from the workplace.
- Worked closely with the Client, Consortium partner and department colleagues to maintain optimum levels of communication to effectively and efficiently complete all environment relevant task assigned by the department manager. Attend all necessary HSSSE meeting, include the environment meeting.
- Provide professional advice in relation to the development, implementation and monitoring of project environment plans and procedures.
- Understand that any employee who jeopardizes their safety and health and /or the safety and health of others shall be subject to disciplinary action (including immediate termination of employment)
- Conduct workplace inspections and enforce compliance with project HSSSE management plans and safety procedures. Audit and monitor construction activities compliance with project environment procedures.
- Identify remedial corrective actions required to meet project HSSSE requirement. Ensure JHEAs are developed from approved WMS before high-risk activities commence, ensure all environment requirement be satisfied.
- Identify existing and predictable hazards and risk during site inspection, have the authorization to take prompt corrective measures to mitigate them.
- Contributed to training measures and communicated to top management, employees on equipment safety and proper operational procedures.
- Investigated environment accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures.
- Supported personnel training to enhance employee’s environment awareness.
- Promoting and effectively communicating HSSSE requirements between all disciplines and personnel within their organization and under their purview while on the jobsite.
- Performed regular environment hazard assessments to reduce risks and promote positive behaviors at all levels.
- Used critical thinking to break down problems, evaluate solutions and make decisions.
- Creates work reports for daily, weekly, and monthly reporting.
- Any other project environment relevant duties as may be assigned by department manager from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 10 years similar working experience.
- Familiarity with relevant laws and regulations.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent communication and inter-personnel skills.
- Proficiency in English.
How to Apply:
All candidates should merge their applications into one single pdf document to email@example.com with file name format as “position+major+name”. Only candidates who been deemed to have fully met the requirements of the roles will be contacted for interviews.
NB: If you have not been contacted directly within two weeks of your application, then you have not been successful. In support of our commitment to the development of the local community, Ugandan national applicants will be given priority.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.