Content Editor, English Language Arts – Non-Video Content
Creative & Design
You can find your balance in various sports courses such as yoga, Beat81, these offers are also available digitally.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Content Editor ELA (gn) non-video Content
sofatutor is the most prominent online learning platform on the German-speaking market with a team of 250 employees, over 1,5 million users, and over 11.000 videos. As we keep growing, our next steps involve internationalizing our content into the English-speaking market.
To clearly grasp what children need to learn during school years in the US & UK, we are looking for a Content Editor ELA (gn) non-video content who is motivated to create additional assets for our interactive exercises.
You don’t live in Berlin? No problem, because you can do the job remotely. Please apply with a comprehensive application, including your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date.
We offer you the opportunity to fully join us from the beginning and bring in your expertise. After your onboarding, you will be responsible for your own tasks. If you have any questions, we will of course always be there to help you. At sofatutor, it is also particularly important to us that we work transparently and give each other regular feedback.
Here you can see at a glance what you can expect in terms of our corporate culture:
- We place a lot of emphasis on comprehensive onboarding as well as an open feedback culture through our structured and tool-supported, competency-based feedback and development process.
- We communicate transparently from C-level to teams through regular updates from management on strategy topics, insights into the work of individual teams, etc.
- We support you in your professional development through individual learning and development opportunities.
- Your remote colleagues as well as the team in the Berlin office are always available for questions through our digital communication tools.
- We offer great team-building events (both digital and on-site in Berlin) where you can get to know your colleagues on a personal level outside of the office.
- You will work on an exciting and innovative product that aims to support the education of students in the best possible way and to enable teachers to get started with digital education.
In addition, you can look forward to the following benefits:
- You can find your balance in various sports courses such as yoga, Beat81, these offers are also available digitally.
- Your mental health is important to us, which is why we offer the use of the Mindsurance platform for our employees.
- You can get discounts on sustainable products through our partner FutureBens and you can also find a wide range of other employee offers at Corporate Benefits.
At sofatutor, we work every day to develop our inclusive work environment in a way that supports your development regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, age, level of disability, education or ethnicity. Feel free to support us and join us!
As a Content Editor ELA (gn) non-video content at sofatutor, you will work on producing additional assets for our interactive exercises in English for middle school (Key Stage 3). You are responsible for the formal content as well as the didactical approach of the interactive exercises and you will work together with a team of creatives to make learning fun and engaging. You will:
be part of designing the curriculum and the sample tasks topics related to the middle school classes (Key Stage 3) in ELA/English
- crafting, reviewing, and editing interactive exercises and learning texts, adjusting existing Content to make them fit for the US & UK market,
- help to create an overall learning experience that teaches students the most important concepts of what they will learn in middle school (Key Stage 3)
- work together with a team of illustrators, and freelancers to create the best learning content for our platform
- update and maintain the company’s content standard guides and improve content continuously
You are a good fit for this job, if you have a strong background in middle school education in the US, for example by having worked as a teacher in years 6 to 9 or by having been involved in curriculum design at a supervisory school authority. You will need to have a clear understanding of the country’s school system and will need to be able to provide cultural insights into the educational system in order to assist in the production of authentic video content. As an ideal candidate, you should meet the following requirements:
- you have completed a degree in US education (preferably middle school education focus)
- you gained experience as a middle school teacher (or comparable)
- you earned experience in using or even creating e-learning material
- offer very good organizational and planning skills
- have conceptual skills and creativity to develop content in a digital format
- have the motivation to drive this project forward, with a can-do attitude and an openness to others’ ideas
- have a passion for helping middle school children in their educational success by using new digital means and tools
If you want to be a part of this, please apply.
We look forward to receiving your application!
How to Apply:
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.