NIC Holdings Ltd is one of the largest financial institutions in East Africa with a network of branches spread across the country, offering a full range of insurance products and services in Life and Non-Life insurance businesses and Financial Management.
The company is seeking to recruit a focused, results-oriented and suitable professional to fill the position Assistant Manager IT (2 Positions)
Job Title : Assistant Manager IT – Business Systems
Reports to : Head ICT
Purpose : Responsible for managing all organization business software systems
technologies and providing technology support and training.
Key Result Areas
• Deputize for the Manager IT /Head ICT
• Assist in supervising the IT interns
• Assist in the full business automation efforts. This includes migration to the AIMS application software and other business applications that may be deployed.
• Assist in developing new software applications and/or modules as and when needed
• Test developed application systems.
• Administer/Monitor the email system.
• Provide help desk support on the AIMS application software including implementing approved modifications to the system.
• Provide advanced help desk support to staff on all NIC systems and network
• Assist personnel of other departments as an IT resource.
• Consult with management and users to determine the business system needs.
• Analyzing and communicating end user needs by translating business requirements into software requirements.
• Designing and updating systems to meet the business goals
• Making recommendations for solutions or improvements to the business that can be accomplished through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology.
• Develops and maintains technology policies, standards and procedures manual; develops and maintains related technology checklists.
• Responsible for the discovery, mitigation and documentation of information technology risks.Responsible for the completion of monthly risk management reports.
Part of the team that prepares, maintains and tests a technology disaster recovery plan.
• Any other professional duties as may be required from time to time.
Minimum qualifications and competence requirement
· Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in IT or Computer Science
· At least two (2) years post qualification work experience performing similar tasks.
· Thorough knowledge of the AIMS Insurance Application is an added advantage.
Technical Skills and Experience
•More than 2 years’ experience in a software support or development
•Demonstrated programming skills with commercial experience is highly desirable
•Demonstrated SQL and some PSQL programming skills is highly desirable
•Demonstrated Web Development skills is desirable
•Good formal documentation skills is highly desirable
•Demonstrated investigative and problem solving skills is highly desirable
Additional IT Skills of Value
•Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Windows and Linux operating systems.
•Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Internet communication peripherals (modems, routers)
•Understanding of TCP/IP networks and security systems
•Understanding of LAN and WAN communication and configurations.
All applications should be submitted sent not later than 15th July 2020 at 5:00 pm addressed to:
Head Human Resource
NIC HOLDINGS Ltd.
Plot 3 Pilkington Rd
P O Box 7134 KAMPALA
Or by Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.