Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, you are expected to work with other team members to effectively and efficiently discharge your duties (as outlined below) and positively contribute towards the realization of the overall objectives of the organization. You are expected to be highly organized, results oriented, quick in execution and a stickler to time and details in order to satisfactorily deliver.
Connecting Africans to Opportunities.
Your mission is to ensure continuous improvement of accounting and finance processes laid down. You will be expected to communicate well to all relevant internal and external stakeholders, while upholding the highest level of integrity to ensure that you contribute to the organization meeting it’s set objectives.
● None but working closely with the Accounts Assistant
As the Accountant you will be in charge of the following day-to-day finance operations:
● Compliance with group/company policies on accounting reporting, reporting deadlines and general administration,
● Compliance with laws and regulations of the country including filing and remitting of taxes and statutory deductions timeously
● Financial reporting – will be central in the monthly financial reporting by ensuring all transactions are posted in the GL, balance sheet reconciliations done, Intercompany balances agreed and
● Management Accounting – preparation of monthly management accounts that will be used for various reports such as the monthly finance calls etc
● Cash-flow management – at the beginning of every month, preparation of cash flow requirement report and the overall management of the cash in terms of preparing payment schedules, initiating payments in the bank and ethical management of petty cash.
● Debt management and collection – working closely with the accounts assistant, ensure that the debtors list is up to date, follow up and collected timely and where necessary, escalate problematic clients to the finance and sales managers.
● Audit and year end books closure – working closely with the rest of the team to ensure that year end audit is done in a timely manner by providing all the information required by the auditors and any follow up queries are dealt with timely
● Budgeting - support the finance manager with preparation of the business budget
● Business support - support the finance manager and CEO with information to support decision making
● Perform any other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager from time to time
● Internal stakeholders: all BM staff, Central finance team & all group staff.
● External stakeholders: customers, suppliers, bankers,payment merchants and External Auditors.
Key skills and Competencies
● Undergraduate degree/diploma in finance/ accounting/ economics / or any business-related course
● Qualified CPA/ACCA
● 3 years’ experience in finance and accounting
● Experience with debt collection a plus
● Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
● Strong problem-solving skills
● Strong organizational skills
● Attention to detail and accuracy
● Team player
● Time conscious
All applications will be received and Reviewed through the Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section