Brief Organization Background
Established in 2018, African Diversity and Inclusion Center (ADIC) is a Pan-African organization that promotes diversity, Equality, Equity and Inclusion in Africa through education and trainings, research and documentation, policy analysis and recommendations, and Events management. We do this through building programs and initiatives that seek to strength institutions both private and public, work with corporations and businesses, civil society and governments including national, regional and the African Union for the benefit of the most marginalized including women, youths and minority groups of people across Africa. We are a Not-for-profit pursuing our charitable status in Uganda as an International Development Organization.
ADIC continues to expand in terms of institutional networking and sources of funding, with a growing list of potential donors including Bill& Melinda Gates Foundation, AusAID, DFID (or UK Aid), IDRC, USAID, DANIDA, SIDA, AU, UN Women, EU among others.
ADIC seeks to employ a qualified Resource Mobilization Manager to support the organization with the planning, development and management of resource mobilization activities. The selected candidate will work closely with Executive Director.
Core Duties and Responsibilities.
• Develop and implement a Resource Mobilization Strategy
• Manage the resource mobilization functions by monitoring and reporting on the Resource Mobilization Strategy implementation
• Conduct an environmental scan and provide donor intelligence(thematic orientations, modalities of engagement, entry points,forecasts etc, to the Executive Director increase probability of attracting funds
• Spearhead proposal development efforts ensuring efficient coordination with teams and the submission of high-quality grant proposals in strategic priority themes worldwide
• Develop and/or enhance resource mobilization tools as needed
• Maintain and extend the system in place for identification and response to calls for proposals
• Continually seek innovative means of attracting new donors
• Monitor and maintain the proposal pipeline and generate monthly reports for management’s strategic decisions
• Maintain the donor database in place to ensure it is an up-to-date and dynamic document and share its contents systematically with the Executive Director
• Develop generic templates for quick response to calls where donors do not provide templates
• Document various meetings with donors, monitor required action and accompany the Executive Director to meetings with donors,as required
• Engage in donor relationship management to ensure donor retention and upgrades while capturing new development partners
• Identify and cultivate relations with strategic implementing partners for prospective consortium style initiatives
• Represent ADIC at key strategic forums both locally and internationally,as required
• Build the capacity of ADIC staff, board and partners on resource mobilization,as required
Required Qualifications and Skills
• A Bachelor’s degree(minimum)in International Development/International Relations/Strategic Management/Economics or other relevant field;
• At least 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the international development sector;
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, networking and communication skills;
• Excellent leadership,coordination and relationship building skills;
• Current knowledge of development issues, strategies, as well as programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation;
• Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas, as well as to impart knowledge and teach skills;
• Demonstrated engagement with diverse donors and development partners;
• An effective and energetic team player, with the ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment;
• Strong self-motivation and innovative skills, with capacity to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of grant management, monitoring and evaluation practices;
• Understanding of development policy research and issues related to inclusive growth and sustainable development in the developing regions;
• Familiarity with web publishing and interactive social media;
• Working knowledge of French will be an advantage.
ADIC is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, age, religion/belief, HIV status and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities and women are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
For more information about ADIC, visit our website at www.africandicenter.org. Applications will be accepted up to July 30th, 2020 or until the position is filled, whichever is earlier. Please submit your letter of motivation with a detailed CV/resume stating your expected remuneration, email, telephone contacts, names and full contact details of three referees to email@example.com
Please write “ADIC Resource Moblilisation Officer” in the Subject Heading.