Our Client comprises a portfolio of businesses focused on structural growth markets. The business helps individuals to de-risk their lives and deal with their biggest financial concerns through life insurance. One of the longest standing and most successful global insurers in the world with over 20 million life customers, +24,000 employees, and £56billion of assets under management as at 30th June 2019, They have been providing financial security to customers since 1848 and it’s one of the oldest insurers in the world, with 171 continuous years of providing financial services.
The Client provides protection and savings opportunities to customers, social and economic benefits to the communities in which it operates, jobs and opportunities to its employees, and financial benefits for its investors. By offering security, pooling savings, and making investments, they help to maintain the cycle of growth. The company’s strategy is designed to create sustainable economic value for its customers and shareholders.
The company continues to develop its businesses in new markets in Africa, building on the success of its other regional models, particularly Asia. Currently, the company has a footprint in eight countries: Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Cote d’ Ivoire, and Togo.
The Underwriter-Bancassurance will be part of the Partnership Distribution team and will report directly to the Underwriter-Bancassurance and will be the first point of contact with agents.
He/She will respond to all inquiries of agents raised in regards to Underwriting, clients’ policy documents and any Partnership Distribution related queries.
1. Underwrite bancassurance business.
2. Vetting completeness accuracy of submitted forms to ensure no policy is incepted with pending information.
3. Issue policies in PAS
4. Lead on Claims Processing
5. Lead on Surrenders & Cancellations
6. Underwrite proposals that require medicals and questionnaires.
7. Initiate refund process for clients pending inception for over 60 days.
8. Prepare/Assemble/Dispatch Policy documents and endorsements.
9. Follow up on client policy document delivery in cases of failed dispatch.
10. Monthly data cleaning of all bancassurance client records in the finance Masterfile and Operations Masterfile
11. Contact and follow up of clients with missing information to the bank partners/FSCs/clients. 12. Timely Feedback for Clients’/Bank partners’/FSCs’ queries
13. Reconciling Absa Data for commissions
14. Management of Bancassurance Premium Register
15. Daily Policy number report to Absa
16. Monthly mis-selling report and management of mis-selling cases
17. Monthly lapses and persistency report
18. Monthly Error reports to the Head of bancassurance
19. Weekly Inception/Dispatch reports to the bank
20. Weekly Inception reports to the Head of Bancassurance
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned Management
Core Competences Required:
• Analytical Skills
• Good Math and Statistical skills
• Attention to detail
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Negotiation and Interpersonal skills
• Clear communication skills with quick response to queries
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to successfully work in a high activity, fast-paced environment
• Excel knowledge and basic computer skills
• Ability and willingness to learn