Reporting to: Tech Support Manager
Core Hours: 8:30 - 17:30, Monday- Friday and beyond as needed
Location: Kampala, with occasional international travel required
Our client is a market leader in unsecured working capital solutions with a significant presence across multiple African countries. We empower micro and small businesses in Sub-Saharan Africa to grow and succeed by providing instant access to credit that unlocks business growth. Our products blend business credit with financial education to maximize the credit’s impact for business owners, and all are managed and delivered through our proprietary core banking platform.
Company Purpose: To Unlock Human Potential for Good
Company Mission: To Grow Business With Capital And Knowledge
Company Vision: The first choice for Micro Enterprise growth in Africa
Purpose of the position
This job’s purpose is to provide support to the business operations through ICT by providing standards, skills, experience & guidance in implementing the most efficient technology to achieve the company vision & mission.
Responsibilities & duties
- Provide both onsite and remote technical & end-user support.
- Assist in managing the call center dialer system, Asterisk-based
- Troubleshooting of any hardware issues, repairs & where need be replacement of any faulty hardware e.g. laptops, laptop batteries, phones, printers for different business departments.
- Schedule branch visits.
- Software installation like antivirus & troubleshooting for the entire business unit.
Work experience & skills
- Strong networking skills, hardware, and software troubleshooting skills
- 1-year working experience in a busy IT environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
Personal qualities & behavioral traits
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, employing effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
Lead, Tech Support
- Direct line manager, who will offer ongoing support and supervision
- Support in interacting with top-level management and assignment of projects
- Performance review period: Initial 6 month probation. Upon successful completion of the probation period. Annual reviews will be conducted in April.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section