Supports the Flight Safety Standards Manager and,Principal Flight Operations Inspector in budgeting,activities
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Uganda Civil Aviation Authority (UCAA) is a corporate body responsible for regulation of civil aviation in Uganda. It manages Entebbe International Airport (EIA) and thirteen (13) other upcountry aerodromes. UCAA carries out its work in conformity with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and Recommended
Practices (SARPs). The Authority now plans to recruit suitably qualified Ugandans of impeccable integrity and commitment to fill the following position in its establishment as detailed below: -
Job ref : UCAA/ADV/EXT/04/2022
Post : Senior Flight Operations Inspector
Reports To : Principal Flight Operations Inspector
Salary Level : 11
Vacancies : 01
Job Purpose :
To participate in enforcing adherence to ICAO Flight
Operation procedures by Flight Crews and Air Operators.
Principal Accountabilities Specific Activities
• Participating in department budgeting activities
• Supports the Flight Safety Standards Manager and,Principal Flight Operations Inspector in budgeting,activities
• Produces data as requested
• Prepares sectional reports for submission to the Principal Flight Operations Inspector .
Administering Aviation Regulations as guided by the Principal Flight Operations Inspector
• Administers Aviation Regulations with particular reference to the following:
• Personnel Licensing
• Flight Time Limitations
• Displays and Air Rallies
• Performance of Aircraft
• Safety Equipment
• Participates in producing Flight Manual Performance Charts Participate in producing Flight Safety Circulars
• Examining and Reviewing procedures submitted by Air Operators
• Reviews operational procedures submitted by Air Operators and produces a report for presentation to Principal Officer
• Recommends to the Principal Flight Operations Inspector the names and identities of Air Operators whose operational procedures have been approved.
• Processes improvements that should be made by Air Operators in order to ensure that their proposed operational procedure manuals are satisfactory and meet ICAO and CAA standards.
• Distributing Aeronautical Information Circulars. Distributes Aeronautical Information Circulars as advised by the Principal Inspector.
• Invigilating examinations for Pilots and Inflight personnel • Participates in preparation for oral and written examination of Pilots, Inflight personnel, instructors and Aviation Examiners.
• Participates in invigilating written examinations for Pilots, Inflight personnel, instructors and Aviation Examiners
• Investigating violations of Civil Aviation Regulations
• Participates in investigating violations of Rules of the Air, Air Traffic Services Contravention, Onboard Air Safety and Security, Low Flying and Near Misses
• Human Resource Management
• Supervises the flight standards officers and inflight inspectors
• Carries out any other lawful assignment allocated by the immediate Supervisor.
• The jobholder is cooperative and readily responds to any ad hoc tasks assigned to him.
• Essential Requirements 1. Hold a Commercial Pilot License with a minimum of 1000 hours total flying time.
• Should be well conversant with relevant ICAO SARPs.
• Should be under 55 years of Age
Desirable Requirements 1. More than 1000 flight hours
• Flight Examiner’s Course
• Instructor’s rating.
• More than 1 Aircraft type rating.
• Unmanned/Drones Training certificate/license Knowledge
• Must be computer literate.
• Special Skills And Attributes:
• Leadershipand managerial skills.
• Team work
• High level of integrity.
How to apply
To view the above-mentioned job advertisements and apply, please enter the link https://recruitment.caa.co.ug into your browser(Preferably Microsoft Edge) to create an account and start the application process.
• Sign up to create an account(New Users). Fill in all the required information.
• An email verification OTP will be sent to your Email
• Copy and paste the verification.
• Log in with your Email and password
• Create a CV before proceeding
• Click Home and there you will see the advertised job. To apply, click the “Apply”button. Thereafter,an email message will be sent to confirm your application was successful.
• Internal job Advertisement; Senior Flight Operations Inspector - 2022
• Please note that falsification of information is an offense in UCAA. You are advised to only apply for the jobs where you meet the minimum requirements as indicated in the job description as well as be very sincere while responding to the application questionnaire.
• Physical/hard copy applications will not be accepted.
NB: The internal candidates who submitted applications need not re- apply.
o For any inquires or assistance, please contact TEL: +256-312-352000.
o Applications are to be received not later than 5:00 pm, 3rd October
2022. It is the duty of the applicant to ensure that his/her application is received by the indicated date and late applications will not be entertained under any circumstances.
c) In your CV please include contacts of two credible referees i.e one professional (Past or present employer/supervisor) and the other for character assessment.
We pledge to conduct a transparent recruitment process!
The Director Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Civil Aviation Authority (Head Office),
P.O. Box 5536,
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.