Senior Coding Specialist
Software & Data
The Senior Coding Specialist is responsible for correct coding of professional services and upholding compliance standards.
- Minimum Qualification:Highschool
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
Sr. Coding Specialist (Fully Remote)
- Remote Location
- Full time
At Cleveland Clinic Health System, we believe in a better future for healthcare. And each of us is responsible for honoring our commitment to excellence, pushing the boundaries and transforming the patient experience, every day.
We all have the power to help, heal and change lives beginning with our own. That’s the power of the Cleveland Clinic Health System team, and The Power of Every One.
- Job Title
- Sr. Coding Specialist (Fully Remote)
- Remote Location
- Coding Reimbursement-Chief Of Staff Division
- Job Code
This position will be supporting our Anesthesia Coding Team.
Join the Cleveland Clinic team, where you will work alongside passionate caregivers and provide patient-first healthcare. Cleveland Clinic is recognized as the No. 4 hospital in the nation, according to the U.S. News & World Report. At Cleveland Clinic, you will work alongside passionate and dedicated caregivers, receive endless support and appreciation, and build a rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the world.
Responsible for timely and accurate coding of clinical data through the assignment of CPT, ICD 10, and HCPCS codes while complying with the regulations and requirements of the Federal Government, State licensing agencies and corporate policies and procedures while maintaining an accuracy rate at or above 95%. Responsible for covering multiple specialties and special projects as assigned.
- The Senior Coding Specialist is responsible for correct coding of professional services and upholding compliance standards.
- Perform coding and related duties using established Professional Coding policies in an accurate and timely manner. Review medical documentation and assign CPT, ICD-10, HCPCS II and modifiers based on documentation and payor requirements on all patient encounters and all medical and surgical specialties.
- Frequent assignment changes to support the enterprise.
- Special projects as assigned to support the enterprise.
- Provides necessary mentoring and training for the professional coding staff.
- Assists with resolution of coding edits in a timely manner. Identify opportunities to reduce claim edits and enhance first pass payment rate.
- Interacts with Providers, and coding staff to resolve documentation or coding issues
- Maintains current knowledge of coding principles and guidelines as coding conventions are updated; monitors and analyzes current industry trends and issues for potential organizational impact.
- Assists in the development of programs and procedures to ensure a 95% or greater coding accuracy rate.
- Demonstrate a commitment to integrating coding compliance standards into daily coding practices. Identify, correct and report coding problems.
- Advise and participate in coding policy changes.
- Maintain required coding certification/credentials.
- Required to meet cross coverage and training competencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED or equivalent required.
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Specific training related to CPT procedural coding and ICD-10 diagnostic coding through continuing education programs/seminars and/or community college.
- Working knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, disease processes and demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
- At least one of the following preferred certifications are required: Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Coding Specialist Physician (CCS, CCS-P), Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) from American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
Complexity of Work:
- Coding assessment relevant to the work may be required.
- Requires thinking and analytical skills, decisive judgment and work with minimal supervision.
- Applicant must be able to work under pressure to meet imposed deadlines and take appropriate actions.
- Applicant must be adaptable for frequent changes in assignments
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive on-the-job coding experience with ICD-10-CM and CPT coding in a health care environment and/or medical office setting.
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Ability to travel throughout the hospital system.
- Ability to work with physical records, such as retrieving and filing them.
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment.
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
- In some locations, ability to move up to 25 lbs.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination on an annual basis, and being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or obtaining an approved exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.