Deadline of this Job:17 July 2020
JOB TITLE: SENIOR ASSISTANT REGISTRAR (4 Vacancies)
Salary Scale: M5
Responsible to: Deputy Registrar
Responsible for: Assistant Registrar
1. To assist the Deputy Academic Registrar in setting the strategic direction and overseeing the daily operations of the Office of the Academic Registrar.
2. To assist in preparing and implementing the annual work plan and budget of the department/section.
3. To assist the Deputy Academic Registrar in promoting collaboration among divisions, supporting the highest quality service and day-to-day operations.
4. To assist in planning and implementing practices that continuously improve the services and work provided by the office of the Academic Registrar including course registration, academic record-keeping, records privacy, transfer credit evaluation, curriculum management, transcript services, academic calendars, advisory support and degree requirement tracking, reporting, graduation certification, commencement, and other essential academic service functions.
5. To assist in interpreting and enforcing academic rules and regulations of Kyambogo University.
6. To assist in enforcing policies and procedures related to student data and records residing in the student information system and linked systems.
7. To assist the Deputy Registrar in organizing meetings and follow-ups of the decision of the University Senate Committees and working groups.
8. To assist in managing specific portions of commencement operations.
9. To supervise and appraise lower-level staff.
10. To perform any other duties assigned by the Deputy Academic Registrar.
a) Post- Graduate/Undergraduate examination timetables are prepared and issued in time
b) Support to preparation and implementation of annual work plan and budgets provided
c) Set and moderate Post-Graduate/undergraduate examination papers are receiving for typesetting, printing, packing and issuing.
d) Conduct and administration of undergraduate examinations is monitored.
e) Teaching of approved and accredited undergraduate academic programs monitored.
f) Well-coordinated and administered examinations, marking of post-graduate and undergraduate examinations scripts and processing of examination results monitor.
g) Internal and external examiners organized and monitored.
h) Presentation to Senate Committees of undergraduate examination results organized and coordinated.
i) Meetings of Senate and its Committees effectively organized and coordinated.
j) Decisions of Senate and its Committees properly compiled and communicated and implementation monitored
k) Academic ceremonies effectively and efficiently coordinated and certificates and transcripts produced and distributed in time.
l) Adequate and safe custody of Certificates before their distribution provided
m) Reports on admission, registration, teaching, examination and graduation compiled and written
n) Examinations time table prepared.
o) Examination papers compiled and administered.
p) Examination cards issued.
q) Examination regulations enforced
r) Examination results secured and properly kept
s) Academic transcripts prepared and issued.
t) Academic transcripts verified and certified
u) Implementation of decisions relevant to the conduct of examinations monitored.
v) Lower level staff supervised and appraised.
(i) Good interpersonal and effective communication skills.
(ii) High level of integrity.
(iii) Computer Literate.
(iv) Fluent in English language.
PERSON SPECIFICATION (a) Qualifications (i) Must possess a Masters’ degree in any of the following fields from a recognized University/Institution; Education or Educational Planning and Management or Human Resources Management or Public Administration and Management or Management Studies or Organizational Psychology or Business Administration (Management Option).
(ii) Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields from a recognized awarding University/Institution; Education or Arts with Education or Science with Education or 1st Degree with Post Graduate Diploma in Education.
Must have a minimum working experience of six (6) years in Administration, three (3) of which must have been served at the level of Assistant Registrar or equivalent level in a University or a reputable higher education institution.
(c) Age limit;
It should be below the age of 55 years at the time of application.
Job application procedure
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements should submit their applications together with the following:
(a) A detailed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
(b) Certified copies of academic transcripts, certificates, professional qualifications and appointment letters.
(c) Names and addresses of three referees.
(d) Copies of National Identity Card, birth certificate or copies of relevant pages of the passport indicating the applicant’s date of birth.
2. Sealed application should be sent to the address below not later than 17th July 2020, 5:00pm East African Time.
Director Human Resources
Second Floor, Administration Block (Records Office)
P.O. Box 1,
Tel: +256 414 286 452
1. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews
2. Applicants who shall not hear from Kyambogo University upon completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves as unsuccessful.
Kyambogo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NB: In case of teaching positions, applicants who had applied under the open advertisement which was posted on the website in December 2019 need not reapply.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.