The Citizens Coalition for Independent Media (CCIME) was formed by a group of Journalists to mobilize citizens in Uganda to advocate for independent media, freedom of expression and association as well as agitate for increased citizen participation in democratic society. CCIME was officially incorporated in 2014 by Registrar of Companies under the Ministry of Justice and Constitutional affairs. CCIME’s Vision is a democratic Society where everybody is well governed, informed and empowered. The Mission is to promote democratic governance and human rights enforcement in Uganda and beyond through the development of a pluralistic and independent media environment.
The Citizens Coalition for Independent Media (CCIME) is looking for competent individuals to fill the available vacancies of Resource Mobilization Officers. The Resource Mobilization Officers will be responsible for building an increasingly, diversified network of resource partners including development partners, corporates, academia, policy-makers, philanthropists and foundations. The officers will target partners who share in the vision of CCIME and provide funds, technical support and other forms of collaboration to meet the current and future needs of CCIME. The post holders will also be responsible for establishing and promoting the brand of CCIME’S regionally and internationally, raising awareness about the organization’s work at various forums and ensuring transparency and regular information sharing with the public. The Officers will be strategic thinkers with strong understanding of various media sources and the development sector. This role is responsible for providing leadership in the resource mobilization strategy in response to the emerging opportunities and challenges.
Reporting: The Resource Mobilisation Officers will report to the Executive Director.
Duty Station: Kampala
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Develop and implement Resource Mobilisation Strategy.
- Produce Resource Mobilisation Plans and Reports.
- Research and identification of relevant resources includes identify Request for Proposals (RFPs)and Request for Applications (RFAs), guide and coordinate responses.
- Achieve appealing proposals and concepts and effective communication with donor focal points. Includes being CCIME’s focal point for resource mobilisation and sustainability activities.
- Facilitate the development of a CCIME Resource Mobilization Strategy that includes securing new, diverse and additional resources for CCIME. The strategy should respond to CCIME’s funding needs.
- Conduct and develop a 5-year funding needs assessment for CCIME.
- Develop a Resource Mobilization Manual that includes standard operating procedures and processes; and define the direction of resource acquisition and utilization, approvals and follow up
- Conducting research on potential donors/partners such as trusts, foundations, companies and high net worth individuals. This includes proactively identifying funding opportunities, as soon as or ideally before they become public knowledge and constantly scan the horizon, network and solicit donor intelligence and share information on donor profiles (policies, preferences, geographical focus).
- Draft appealing proposals and concepts to diverse sources, including development partners, corporate, academia, policy-makers, philanthropists, and foundations.
- Produce Resource Mobilisation Plans and Reports as per stipulated periods and requirements. Includes close working relation with the Finance team in development of appropriate budgets.
- Developing, managing and updating Friends of CCIME databases to record their contacts and preference information; Maintaining a network of corporate contacts and effectively managing and maximizing these relationships.
- Develop and Strengthen Partnerships for Joint Proposal Writing especially with credible organizations in the country. Includes registering with relevant fund-raising associations.
- Organize resource mobilization events for example, Donor Round Tables.
- Build staff capacity on resource mobilization at all levels, including development of tools and skills to aid staff in resource mobilization. This will also include, internally building a case for Resource Mobilization by sensitizing staff on the proposition for mobilizing resources.
- Maintain relations with donors and ensure they are consistently and timely informed on important operational Issues. This includes effective communication with donors’ focal points and being CCIME’s focal point for resource mobilisation and sustainability activities
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Social Science, Business Communication, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field.
- Minimum one year of demonstrated experience in developing fund-raising strategy and institutional resource mobilisation, understanding of the development sector and grants management. A proven track record of fundraising from major donors, corporate and foundations.
- At least 2 years’ experience in NGO Sector.
- Proven competence skills. Also, very strong networking skills and excellent interpersonal relationship skills inwritten and spoken English, Good writing and editorial skills.
- Proven skills in developing and writing successful funding proposals
- Have high energy, confident presenter who is able to engage people and get them to commit funding/and or to partnering with CCIME
- Strong organizational and time management
Applications with copies of academic documents, Salary Expectation, CV and contact details of three work-related referees, should be submitted to CCIME by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for Interviews.