GIS Transport Ltd
Supply Chain & Procurement
Prepare documentation, procedures, reports, and recommendations at various key stages in the procurement process.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Prepare documentation, procedures, reports, and recommendations at various key stages in the procurement process.
- Review and update statements of requirements (specifications) prepared by the users and/or assist with their preparation.
- Carry out supplier performance reviews and advice on areas for improvement.
- Maintain and archived records for all procurement and disposal transactions in accordance with the PPDA guidelines.
- Preparation of bidding/solicitation, receipt/opening of bids, and evaluation reports documents for procurements or disposals assigned.
- Support contracts committee and implement their decisions in accordance with the statutory guidelines
- Periodically review and update a provider’s database in accordance with PPDA guidelines
- Prepare and monitor the implementation of contracts in line with PPDA guidelines and other statutory rules and regulations\
- Developing procurement strategies: You will be responsible for developing and implementing procurement strategies that align with the company's objectives and goals.
- Managing procurement processes: You will be responsible for managing the procurement process from start to finish, including sourcing suppliers, issuing tenders and bids, evaluating proposals, negotiating contracts, and managing supplier relationships.
- Ensuring compliance: You will be responsible for ensuring that all procurement activities are in compliance with statutory guidelines, company policies, and any other relevant laws and regulations. (PPDA,..)
- Reporting and analysis: You will be responsible for analyzing procurement data and reporting on key metrics such as cost savings, supplier performance, and procurement cycle times.
- Continuous improvement: You will be responsible for continuously improving the procurement process, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing best practices.
Education and Professional Requirements:
- Degree in Procurement, Business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce or any other related field
- Professional certification e.g CIPS or part qualification is added advantage
Related Job Experience/Qualification:
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant experience working with the Procurement and Disposal Unit in a busy organization using PPDA Act and Regulations.
Additional Skills: In addition to the experience and educational requirements listed above
- Demonstrated knowledge of PPDA Act, Regulations, Guidelines and procedures and procurement environment in Uganda
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and high level of integrity
- Computer literacy
How to apply:
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.