Roles and Responsibilities:
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Manage the entire process in the planning of procurement and supply chain activities, inventory control, logistics and distribution, customs clearance, ensuring effectively functioning processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities.
- Ensure effective lines of communication to ensure timely delivery of spare parts and equipment using the most appropriate procurement procedures.
- Be responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardizing quality and service delivery.
- Establish and implement a monitoring system that ensures that the prices paid for spare parts and equipment are in line with local market prices.
- Develop and manage the rosters of suppliers, elaborate supplier selection, and evaluation, quality, and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual procurement plans and progress reports as required.
- Prepare service delivery contracts, leases, and purchase orders for all acquisition needs.
- Maintain procurement files including all relevant documentation and vendor tracking system s/he will maintain all the relevant information concerning the organization’s suppliers.
- Work efficiency with finance and workshop team.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience
- Minimum 3-5 years project procurement management experience, preferably in Transportation
- Excellent problem-solving capacity, with demonstrated ability for considerable analysis and sound judgment to find solutions in a complex environment with shifting and competing priorities.
- Advanced Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel spreadsheets, word processing, PowerPoint, and electronic mail).
Job Ref 1005 - Require copies of academic and professional references
About ADT AFRICA:
ADT AFRICA is a transport company operating in East and Central Africa. We use our logistical expertise to move our customer’s cargo safely, efficiently, and responsibly. We move customer’s bulk materials, food, and energy products as quickly, responsibly, and cost-effectively as possible in a reliable manner, on time, and on specification.
We handle cargo directly for the diversity of producers, co-operatives, traders, and manufacturers with a strong operational focus on sustainability, safety, reliability, and quality delivering the cargo onto further processing facilities and or end customers. We maintain long-term commercial relationships with our cargo owners. To achieve this, we focus on providing excellent service by taking care of the supply chain and handling the different specific needs of our cargo owners.