Since 1998, Greenroad International Logistics has grown into one of the top freight forwarders specialized in project cargo around the world. With AAA enterprise credit rating and ISO90001 certification, more than 50 of our branches are excited to provide a reliable and flexible global logistics solution.
Floor/Suite No:3 plot No:71C street Kimera Road Naguru town nakawa, Kampala district Uganda
Responsible for operational planning and administrative duties in clearing and forwarding services, coordinate receiving of clearance /shipping documents from customers. Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situation and other factors that could affect services of customers. The Operations officer will offer technical oversight and coordination over the Operations Department to ensure a harmonious and successful execution and completion of jobs being cleared.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, control and supervise the activities of the Clearing and Forwarding operations staff
- Assign different responsibilities to workers to fasten the job and promote specialization and accountability. This way, non-hardworking workers can
- easily be identified
- Inform top management of the general needs and requirements in Operations
- department well in advance.
- Act as a consultant in customs, logistics and warehousing matters
- Coordinate receiving of clearance /shipping documents from customers
- Give vivid directions and guidelines to shipping agents about nature of
- goods and delivery locations, and maintain communication with them to ensure that goods are not damaged on transit
- Deal with customs queries where the clearing staff cannot resolve the same.
- Represent the company in business for especially those related to operations.
- Chair meetings of the Operations department whenever necessary.
- Report daily activities
- Use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in the clearing process.
- Agree on costs and disbursements to carry out clearing.
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight.
- To help the Sales team to make competitive quotations that lead on jobs
- Outsource efficient Clearing services from external entities depending on the job requirements and specifications.
- Recommend the insurance companies to be used for the execution of Customs bonds for the Company.
- To be a signatory to some of the Operational contracts of the Company.
- Perform any other duty assigned by General Manager
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement &
- Logistics Management or related field.
- At least 5 – 7 years working experience in a Managerial position of a large Organization
- Effective at Supply Chain Management
- Familiar with various laws and regulations of Uganda Excellent
- organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to guide/advise and interpret customs declaration, make worksheet and do proper classification
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Creativity and commercial awareness..
- Strong initiative and leadership skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem-solving business and entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent knowledge of the Customs and Excise HS Code and Explanatory notes
Knowledge on Shipping Companies and Terminals.
Must be driven and ready to work round the clock to meet deadlines.
- Membership of the Institute of Freight Forwarders of Uganda or any other relevant professional body is obligatory