LifeNet International is a US-based NGO creating innovative solutions to meet the health challenges that currently face the poor in East Africa. LN operates a health center training network for faith-based facilities here in Uganda. LN provides ongoing medical training to our health center and hospital partners, and we work to make a difference by improving health outcomes for mothers, children, and infants. LN aims to improve the quality of care and financial sustainability of our health partners to transform African health care and impact Ugandans in a positive way.
1. Comprehensive Nursing Degree (Bachelors or equivalent) and a current registered license
2. A minimum of 2 years of direct experience in inpatient care. Experience in teaching is a plus.
3. An excellent knowledge of English.
4. Strong knowledge in computer use (Microsoft, Excel, Apple Products)
5. Willingness to work within and alongside faith-based organizations
6. Ability to work full-time, 5 days per week, (45+ hours per week)
LN is currently recruiting a nurse trainer (NT) to carry out training of nurses and staff of LN partner health centers. The NT will be responsible for on-site training from the LN standard health curriculum, as well as performing the monitoring and evaluation of subjects taught through the training. The NT reports directly to the Nurse Team Leader.
Working in the roles of leader and trainer, we need a confident, knowledgeable person that is also teachable and a desire to improve. In the context of providing training, it is expected that the LifeNet curriculum will be adhered to at all times, using best practices and evidence-based solutions to provide the best up-to-date care possible. For our training style, we are looking for those who are flexible, questioning, friendly, and open. As we provide training, we also learn from one another.
Through monitoring and evaluation, the NT will be responsible for measuring the impact of each training through pre-tests and post-tests, and will always report the results to the Nurse Team Leader. The NT will also learn to accept responsibility for generating quarterly reviews and assessments for our health center partners.
This job requires a driven personality, self-motivation, and an entrepreneurial spirit. The work will consist of regular visits outside of Kampala for work projects. On a monthly basis, the job will require overnight stays outside of Kampala.
Compensation and Benefits:
1. Competitive starting salary, including health coverage.
2. Food, accommodation, and transport provided during visits outside of Kampala.
3. Opportunities for professional development through additional skills, training, and access to learning materials.
Your application must consist of a cover letter, your curriculum vitae, a copy of your degree, and three references. Please submit all applications via email to email@example.com by November 30th, 2020.
1. Subject Heading - Job Application – Nurse Trainer