Deadline of this Job:23 September 2020
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations. United States Agency for international Development (USAID) has selected EDC to implement the USAID integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity. A 5-year activity with a goal for Ugandan children and youth, especially the most vulnerable, to receive the support and services necessary to lead resilient, healthy, and productive lives. The ICYD Activity is expected to achieve the following:
1. Children and youth have improved learning outcomes;
2. Children and youth are safe and healthy in their community and learning environments; and
3. Youth practice positive behaviors and are able to make informed decisions about their lives and relationships.
This Activity will address the mutually reinforcing relationship between improving learning" outcomes and improving wellbeing and employ a comprehensive unproven that merges PEPFAR/0VC’s strengths in acute vulnerability stabilization with education's broad protective effects. EDC is currently hiring the following position for the USAID IUYD Project:
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager .
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager, will provide leadership and technical guidance to the ICYD program team on all MEL related issues. The MEL Manger has the primary responsibility for establishing and managing a data processing environment responsive to USAID reporting and teaming requirements, including PEPFAR reporting expectations.
Selected Required skills:
• Master's degree in a relevant discipline, such as mathematics, business, statistics, informatics, or international development;
• At least 10 years of experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluating activities for complex programs in developing countries;
• Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing M&E systems that track performance as per the objectives of the project.
Applicants for all positions must have excellent written & verbal communication skills ln English, familiarity with internationally-funded projects & experience Working in Uganda
Job application procedure
For more information, and to apply, please upload your resume to the appropriate position at: https://go.edc.org/EDCUgandaJobs no later than 23rd September 2020. Due to the volume of application: submitted, only finalists will be notified. No phone calls, please. This announcement is made possible by fire support of the American People through the United Stale: Agency for International Development (USAID). The contents of this notice are the sole responsibility of Education Development Center, lnc. (EDC) and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID or the United States Government