Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through promotion and
coordination of Education and Training opportunities for refugees and people affected by conflict. Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in
Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister. With funding from UNHCR, WIU seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person for the
POSITION: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
LOCATION: Field Based
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE WORK:
The M&E Assistant is responsible for conducting M&E activities as per work plan for all activities implemented in field base province.
The M&E Assistant will implement the field base level program monitoring and evaluation activities on a regular basis. S/he will be responsible for the analysis and reporting of data in relation to project activities implemented in the assigned duty station.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile, clean, and check data for accuracy before entry into the Education database system.
- Participate in the collection of data
- Compute the education efficient indicators in the settlement.
- Enter valid and accurate data into the system
- Support the analysis of data in line with the M&E framework
- Check, verify and validate data relating to education
- Share accurate data with the Settlement Manager, Regional M&E Coordinator and other authorised persons
- Participate in conducting Education Gap analysis.
- Summarise the gap analysis for the entire settlement.
- Participate in authorised research studies that will enable the organisation identify new program areas.
- Participate in the training of field staff in monitoring of activities (process)
- Support the coordination and execution of events in the department such as, training, collecting and disseminating relevant information on monitoring, evaluation and research.
- Assist Regional M&E Coordinator in the development and implementation of monitoring
- tools, which will include, but not be limited to, data collection, analysis and reporting on program indicators;
- Record and track daily attendance of students/ pupils in all schools
- Ensure that all schools have class registers and admission books are available and well used.
- Compile and monitor pupils’ termly enrolment statistics for the various schools and note any variations.
- Ensure that the class registers are dully filled and properly utilized by the teachers.
- Submit weekly and monthly updates on the Field M&E progress to the Regional M&E Officer.
- Support in preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual programmatic performance reports.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- A Certificate/ Postgraduate Diploma in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- A degree in statistics, quantitative economics and Economics or any other related courses.
- Superior Computer Skills
- Excellent planning, analytical, conceptual and organization skills.
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
- Proven knowledge of Uganda Education systems and rich networks with Key District Education officials.
- Able and willing to live, work, travel in fast-paced and hard to reach environment adhering to strict security guidelines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- At least one-year of relevant working experience gained within a humanitarian NGO is preferred.
- Working knowledge of computers in MS Office, Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- An understanding of Ugandan and international education systems
- Knowledge or prior exposure to humanitarian operations is an added advantage.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal