Managing communications with Suppliers, PVOC companies, 3PL logistics and warehouses.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing communications with Suppliers, PVOC companies, 3PL logistics and warehouses.
- Document check and corrections for all import documents.
- Communication with shipping lines to get freight rates regularly.
- Monitor the quality of service performance from the customer's viewpoint and identify those customers in need of service recovery actions by conducting regular transactional surveys as needed (CCFOT and regular customer visits)
- Responsible for various reports for local consumption and regional
- Liaise with regional teams on various activities as required
- Responsible for SHEQ in DHL, at CSO Uganda operational areas.
- Maintain stock Policy and inventory record accuracy by ensuring timely and accurate cycle counts/end-of-month counts. Ensure no scan no move policy
- Formulate and Implement Uganda Supply Chain SOPs and ensure ops are run in line with these SOPs
- Manage all cross-border operations into Uganda from all SU’s
- Manage systems utilization (SAP etc)
- Train team and ensure their progressive development in SC skills
- Manage credit notes, ensuring speedy resolution and also following up on set-up rules.
- Monitor Delivery costs in Uganda both for warehousing and transportation. Drive down costs to the business while continuously improving Customer Service offerings (Deliver Savings Projects).
- Drive and embed ‘Correct 1st Time’ culture in the Order to Invoice cycle (Perfect order, Invoice accuracy). Contribute to overall business strategy, specifically in the area of Supply Chain and Customer development strategy.
- Implement supply chain systems to support planning and logistics activities.
- Collaborate with Customer Development to develop customer segmentation. Also working with CD to create business value and drive growth through meeting, servicing and delivering specific needs of each customer.
- Drive and deliver Customer Service Excellence performance through the implementation of order to cash and distribution strategy, work closely with Logistics providers, and management of distribution facilities.
- Initiate and ensure effective execution of customer service and distribution processes, policies and organization.
- Ensure customer service and distribution processes, policies and organization integrate effectively with upstream (CD, demand planning, supply planning, category management, supply chain development) and downstream processes (financial account).
- Manage agreement, implementation, and where necessary termination of 3P Warehousing, Distribution and logistics Contracts for Uganda
- Advise and keep superiors informed of any serious operational issues.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- A diploma or Degree in Supply Chain Management is preferred
- At least Two years of work experience within Supply Chain or Logistics
- Should know Incoterms and international trade Communications.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands-on experience with Supply Chain Management software and databases especially SAP.
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge and experience in inventory management
- Familiar with Uganda Customs operations and Ug logistics network
- Good understanding of supply chain processes and their interdependencies cutting initiatives within the warehouse
How to apply.
To apply, submit your application, detailed CV, and copies of Academic Documents through the Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.