Deadline of this Job:14 August 2020
The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development through the Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines (Mines Department) is implementing the Mineral Wealth and Mining Infrastructure Project and Minerals Laboratories Equipping and systems Development Project.
In order to implement the above project efficiently and effectively, the Ministry seeks to recruit competent, trained and well-motivated persons to fill a number of vacancies in the Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines. The positions are on contractual basis and subject to renewal upon satisfactory performance.
Laboratory Technician (MINERAL DRESSING LABORATORY AND CHEMISTRY AND ENVIRONMENT LABORATORY) (2 POSITIONS)
Report to: Senior Laboratory Technician
Duties and responsibilities
• Receive and document batches of mineral and ore samples for testing.
• Receive, document, and distribute to relevant laboratories samples received.
• Prepare samples for analysis.
• Assist in entry of samples and test results into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
Person specification Qualification
• A Diploma in Laboratory Technology or Chemistry or Mineral Processing Engineering or Extractive Metallurgical Engineering or Industrial Chemistry
• At least two (2) years of professional working experience in Operation, service and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
• Competencies: Good communication skills (oral/written), ethics and integrity, time management, flexibility, planning, excellent interpersonal skills: Team Player; Self-motivated and customer centric.
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified candidates should submit applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of academic and other relevant documents, names and addresses of three referees to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development. Attn: Principal Human Resource Officer. Amber House, Second Floor Room, A 205, Kampala Road, Opposite Workers House not later than 14th August, 2020 at 5:00pm. The detail of the Job Advertisement (The Job duties and responsibilities) for the above positions can also be obtained from the Ministry's website: www.energyandminerals.go.ug
Please NOTE: The interviews for Askari and Cleaners will be held at the Regional offices.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.