Junior Representative for Writer Acquisition & Development, Finance (12 Month Contract)
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Work closely with the Senior A&D Representative on lead sourcing and writer outreach to unlock key new markets
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
At Substack, we believe that what you read matters and good writing is valuable. We’re hiring a Junior Acquisition & Development representative to assist with writer outreach in key new markets, strategically using a variety of communications channels to attract new publications to the platform. The ideal candidate will be an innovative, creative thinker who doesn’t rely on a traditional sales playbook and thinks strategically about opportunities beyond established media outlets or personalities. The A&D representative will have a deep interest in supporting writers and their right to free expression, and be eager to make an impact in a fast-paced, startup environment. This role reports to, and will work in tandem with, the Senior Finance A&D Representative.
Our cash compensation salary range for this role is a base salary of $50,000, with a potential of $50,000 or more in variable commission based on performance. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
- Work closely with the Senior A&D Representative on lead sourcing and writer outreach to unlock key new markets
- Work with writers, creators, and podcasters to develop publication plans and successfully launch them on Substack
- Partner closely with the internal marketing, product, and data teams to deeply understand compelling new markets for Substack to explore and the best strategies to go after them
- Work cross-functionally to help uplevel our lead sourcing and writer outreach strategy across the Partnerships organization
- Excellent written, verbal, and diplomatic skills, with sharp attention to detail
- A voracious reader and subscriber to Substacks, with a keen sense of the evolving tech and media landscape
- Interest in building the playbook (principles, strategy) and then scaling it (building solutions, processes, and teams)
- Awareness and knowledge of online trends
- Comfort with social media - you don’t have to like it but you should be curious about what’s going on there, aware of trends, and able to identify interesting new voices
- Experience working with influencers is a plus
- Artist relations and management experience are a plus
- Previous sales experience is a plus, preferably with a focus on high-velocity outbound conversations
- CRM (Sales, Hubspot, etc) experience is a plus
Substack is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status), age, national origin, veteran or disability status. We’re seeking people passionate about enabling independent expression and building a better business model for creators. If you want to see what media, communities, and content can become when unmoored from advertising models, and you have the skills and experience to contribute, we’d love to meet you.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.