Ensure all Products Received, Dispatched or transferred from one location to another at your designated store must be weighed and documented,
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as Warehouse Assistant based in Masaka to provide key support of all aspects of business functions. The role provides long-term development potential for someone eager to demonstrate their skills and experience in a challenging and fast paced soft commodities environment. The role will report to Units Operations Head and will be based in Masaka, Uganda
Volcafe Ltd is one of the world’s leading international green coffee trading companies, operating in over 20 countries globally. Our expertise spans green coffee procurement and preparation, sustainability, blending, quality control, risk management and export as well as importing and distribution. We supply the world’s major coffee roasters and retail distributors with their green coffee requirements, with significant strategic growth ambitions for the future. We are part of ED&F Man Commodities, a world leading trader of agricultural products including coffee, sugar, molasses and animal feed.
Volcafe works across the whole green coffee supply chain to make coffee business better, together with our partners and employees. We have built and operate sustainable coffee supply chains across all our origins, addressing key economic, social and environmental issues in coffee farming communities. Our Volcafe Way farmer support programme engages with thousands of coffee farmers and provides a holistic response to the challenges they face.
The Warehouse Assistant must ensure that all coffee received is properly handled, safely stored (stacked) and following the Factory Weights, Storing, Bags, Stacking Procedure and that quantities are accurately recorded.
- Ensure all Products Received, Dispatched or transferred from one location to another at your designated store must be weighed and documented,
- Ensure all daily stock movements should be recorded and submitted to the Line manager every day.
- Ensure that all Products are safely stacked on pallets according to warehouse standards.
- Regularly calculate the correct number of coffee movements for paying Casual laborers using the daily tally sheet and submit them to the line manager daily.
- Ensure that the coffees are not mixed at your designated store.
- Regularly inspect and report to the line manager if there is any loss of coffee.
- Do stock-taking and daily stock reconciliation.
- Regularly inspect and report to your line manager if there is any loss of coffee in the designated store to you by damage, theft or otherwise.
- Always maintain the store clean and orderly according to the guidelines set out in the work instructions.
- Report any variances in the amount of coffee dispatched and received at your assigned store, to the line manager immediately.
- Comply with security checks, controls, and measures to ensure stock accuracy.
- Do proper management and handling of working tools (weighing scales, pallets, laptop…)
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain and warehouse management
- At least 3 years working experience in a busy environment.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks all with an attention to fine detail.
- Effective leadership and people management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
- Good interpersonal skills to work with management and staff at all levels.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages - Word, Excel, and Outlook
As an ever-friendly reminder: Researchers have found that men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you are interested, but don't feel like you meet every single point on the job description, please still apply!
We provide a fast-paced, stimulating and truly global environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the global leaders in soft commodity trading.
Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus, Entrepreneurship
Volcafe shares the values of our parent company, ED&F Man Commodities. Our values define who we are. They are the fundamental beliefs that determine our actions and guide our behaviour. They influence the way we communicate and collaborate, and define the way we engage with our clients, partners, and communities.
Volcafe shares the commitment of our parent company, ED&F Man Commodities. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and are focussed on actively building and developing diverse teams. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
To apply you must have the right to work for the provided location.
How to apply:
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here' section.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.