Maintain IT Service catalogue for the company and our clients.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
World Class Technologies (WCT) is an innovative and total ICT solutions provider offering value added services and products for both individuals and companies/organisations. We provide integrated ICT solutions that address the changing needs of your business with solutions that are cost-effective, fast to deploy and reliable (www.wct.co.ug).
1. Maintain IT Service catalogue for the company and our clients.
2. Serve as the IT budget officer.
3. Manage and report on service-level agreements for our client.
4. Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
5. Manage relationships with vendors that supply IT goods and services to the company.
1. Administer the help-desk system.
2. Provide user support and system administration services.
3. Manage contracts and service agreements for the company’s clients
4. Provide a single point for escalation of issues that the IT Department cannot resolve internally and require external vendor assistance.
5. Ensure representation of IT during the evaluation of bids/quotations for the supply of IT-related items with representatives from other User Departments.
1. Document and maintain an IT Service catalogue.
2. Negotiate Service Level Requirements with customer departments. Prepare service
1. level agreements and ensure that targets within the Service Level Agreements are met.
2. Ensure all backend agreements for SLAs are established, including Operational Level Agreements, Underpinning Contracts and agreements for the IT Service Management processes are appropriate for the agreed service level.
3. Monitor and report on service levels.
4. Plan and carryout service reviews and facilitate meetings.
5. Develop and update templates for the Service Level Management process.
6. Log all service requests and perform initial problem analysis and resolution.
7. Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk and follow up on the status of escalated requests and close resolved ones.
8. Perform system administration and prepare status reports on user accounts existing on the company’s systems and submit daily reports for staff taking leave.
9. Validate and respond to users requesting services from the Help Desk concerning the Company’s IT Services Catalogue.
10. Escalate service requests to other support tiers following the company’s IT Operations Plan and documented procedures.
11. Follow up with second- and higher-level support tier personnel on the status of escalated service requests and update the service request records in the Help Desk system and the service request originators.
12. Verify the satisfactory completion of service requests with their originators and complete the service request in the Help Desk system.
13. Review Help Desk records and returns from Customer Satisfaction Surveys and make recommendations to improve customer service.
14. Review and update the IT Operations Plan.
15. Provide input to the company reports, particularly with activity reports on user support performance.
16. Monitor and administer IT contracts and vendor service agreements.
17. Assist in the preparation of technical specifications of IT-related items to be acquired by the company.
18. Initiate requests for IT purchase along with the signed-off technical specifications.
19. Manage and coordinate IT procurements.
20. Review vendor performance and make recommendations for pre-qualification.
21. Compile and present department budget proposals for review each financial year.
22. Monitor, update and report on the department budget.
23. Any other duties that may be assigned by the Division Manager or Head of Department.
1. Service call updates
2. Bid evaluation report
3. Technical memoranda
4. Individual Balanced scorecard
5. Quarterly inventory reports
6. Purchase and payment requests
7. Updated Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
8. Technical reports e.g. Status reports on service calls, vendor performance, budget reports, technical investigation reports and equipment verification report forms.
9. Service call updates, IT system incidents, applications, and database status reports.
10. Technical documentation and reports e.g., Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
1. Network control, operation and support.
2. Security administration.
3. Problem management and troubleshooting.
4. Service desk and incident management.
5. Customer Relationship Management.
6. Knowledge of Active Directory and management of Windows domains
7. Management of network devices and protocols and their security appliances
8. Knowledge of Vlans and VOIP technologies
9. Knowledge of virtualized environments
10. Knowledge and management of Windows servers and client environments
11. Knowledge of main Office Automation and collaboration solutions
12. Knowledge of RDBMS and web servers
13. Fluency in English
14. Desired skills
15. Previous experience with biomedical devices
1. Accountability and Dependability: Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
2. Transparency and Integrity: Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
3. Team spirit and collaboration: Promotes cooperation and commitment within the team to achieve the company goals and deliverables. Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect
4. Adaptability and Flexibility: Adapts to changing needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
5. Self-Management and thoroughness: effectively manage own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals. Ensures that work is complete and accurate and independently follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
6. Communication: Shares and receives information using clear oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
7. Stress Tolerance/tact: Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations, and diplomatically handles challenging or tense interpersonal situations.
8. Employee Engagement and enthusiasm: Demonstrates commitment to the job, colleagues, the company, and its mission by acting in ways that further the accomplishment of its goals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, or other quantitative fields from a recognized University is essential.
2. Professional certification in relevant fields such as ITIL, CISSP, CCNA, CCNP MCSE Server Infrastructure, Microsoft and Cisco is essential.
3. Possession of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification is an added advantage
4. 3+ years of related professional experience within Information Technology in a similar position.
5. Knowledge and experience with UNIX/Linux/Windows server systems administration are essential.
6. Extensive knowledge and experience delivering most of the following services – Mail, Storage (SANs), NTP, VoIP, DNS, RADIUS, Web, and Virtualization are an added advantage.
7. Strong hands-on experience in server virtualization, Cisco Firewalls, Switches, Domain Name Services and Active Directory Services is an added advantage.
8. Ability to ride a motorcycle in Kampala with a ridding permit is preferred
How to apply.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level, Certificates), by close of business on Thursday 29th February 2023 to the email address indicated below. email@example.com
WCT is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 414 690444
Disclaimer: WCT does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.