To manage and maintain the Hospital’s inventory, ensuring that stock levels are accurate and adequate to meet the Hospital's operational needs.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 2 years
CURE Children's Hospital of Uganda, a Private-Not-For-Profit (PNFP) Christian hospital specialized in Pediatric Neurosurgery and Integrated Spiritual Ministry, is seeking an experienced Individual for the Full-time position of an Inventory Officer
Position Title : Inventory Officer
Reports to : Procurement and Inventory Supervisor
Supervises: Inventory Assistant
Duty Station : CURE Children’s Hospital of Uganda
Department : Non- Medical (Administration)
Location : Mbale, Uganda
Duration : Fixed Term
To manage and maintain the Hospital’s inventory, ensuring that stock levels are accurate and adequate to meet the Hospital's operational needs. This involves overseeing the movement, storage, and tracking of inventory items, as well as monitoring and optimizing inventory management processes.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Maintain an organized and efficient inventory system for all medical supplies, pharmaceuticals, and equipment.
- Monitor and maintain optimal inventory levels to meet demand while minimizing overstock and understock situations.
- Conduct regular inventory counts and reconcile discrepancies.
- Develop and implement inventory control procedures and policies.
- Regularly assess inventory levels and anticipate supply needs based on usage trends and upcoming demands.
Procurement and Receiving
- Ensure Purchase Requests are made in a timely manner to prevent stock outs and overstock situations.
- Coordinate with Procurement Staff to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Inspect and verify received goods for accuracy and quality, Shelf life, and Condition.
- Update inventory records upon receipt of new inventory items.
- Handle discrepancies, damages, or quality issues by coordinating with Procurement Staff and suppliers and the hospital's quality control department
- Ensure Optimum stock levels for the efficient operation of the hospital in liaison with the SPO.
- Receives correct goods in the right quantity and quality as per the purchase order Physically (in Bin cards) and in the Odoo System.
- Ensures that storage orders for goods in the various hospital stores are followed.
- Work with the Inventory Assistant to ensure the cleanliness and neatness of the storage areas.
- Keeps team members and department heads informed by providing relevant information, reports, or status updates on inventory in liaison with the Procurement Supervisor.
- Protect stock items against loss or damage, ensuring store security
- Ensures that inventory procedures are put in place and are being followed within the hospital.
- Performs clerical/secretarial functions such as filing, typing, copying, etc. that are incidental to the inventory activities.
- Maintains an up-to-date manual and computerized filing system easily retrievable for the inventory section.
- Promotes cost-effective and responsible use of hospital supplies.
- Organize and optimize the storage of inventory items to maximize space and accessibility.
- Ensure proper labeling and identification of inventory items.
- Implement and oversee FIFO (First-In, First-Out) and FEFO (First-Expired, First-Out) principles for perishable items.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Procurement Supervisor.
Stock Rotation and Expiry Management
- Monitor expiration dates and manage the removal or disposal of expired items according to hospital policies and regulations.
- Follows proper procedures for the disposal of expired drugs and other items in collaboration with the PO and PS.
- Implement a "first-in, first-out" (FIFO) approach to manage inventory and reduce the risk of items expiring.
- Maintain accurate records of all inventory transactions, including receipts, issues, and transfers.
- Generate reports on inventory levels, consumption, and other relevant metrics as required.
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs, minimize wastage, and optimize inventory levels while maintaining quality patient care.
Supply Chain Coordination
- Collaborate with other hospital departments to understand their supply needs and ensure a smooth flow of materials.
Donated Inventory or Goods in Kind (GIK)
- Work with the Procurement and Inventory Supervisor (PIS) to ensure that local and international donations or purchases from abroad are properly received and issued out in the system.
- Ensure that donated inventory is recorded and kept separately for easy tracking and usage in both Odoo and X-Ledger.
- Assist the PIS to ensure that donated inventory is valued and placed into inventory on the date it is received.
- Monthly or quarterly inventory counts done.
- Participate in the year end stock count.
- Ensure that actual stock count is reconciling with the inventory physical records and the system.
- Ensure inventory count sheets are signed by the PIS.
Compliance and Regulations
- Ensure compliance with relevant healthcare regulations, including FDA requirements for pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and regulations to ensure the hospital's inventory practices meet required standards.
- Generate regular inventory reports to provide insights into stock levels, turnover rates, and trends.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement and cost reduction.
- Implement quality control measures to ensure inventory accuracy and item integrity.
- Identify and report any issues with damaged or defective goods.
- Utilize inventory management software and tools for tracking and reporting.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging technologies to improve inventory management processes.
Compliance and Documentation
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date inventory records and documentation.
Occupational Health & Safety function
- To work in such a way that does not cause injury to yourself, other co-workers or patients.
- Following & complying with H&S policies, processes & applying them to your own work activities, including using/wearing Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Participating in activities directed at preventing harm & promoting well-being in the workplace Identifying, reporting & self-managing hazards where appropriate.
- Early and accurate reporting of incidents at work and raising issues of concern when identified.
Education and Professional Development
- Ensures own professional development to enhance own competencies through self-assessment and/or formal performance appraisal on regular basis according to the hospital (and own) professional development plan;
- Maintains professional records that provide evidence of competency and lifelong learning.
- Identifies personal development and training needs and work with the supervisor to, help facilitate education and professional development where possible.
- Maintains a good quality learning environment that supports continuing professional development, creativity and being proactive.
- Participates in the hospital’s Spiritual Ministry programs.
- Attend chapel and departmental bible studies with staff (depending on weekly schedule)
Any Other Official Duties
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Co-worker must perform other tasks, duties, and projects as assigned, as a member of the Human Resources team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local languages.
- Excellent organizational/administrative skills and ability to effectively plan in evolving situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong computer proficiency using software applications such as Microsoft Office & Google Drive.
- Ability and experience in building, leading and working with teams.
- Interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the institution.
- High Level of integrity.
- Attention to Detail - Able to be alert in a fast-moving environment; follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitor processes; concentrate on routine work details and organise and maintain a system of records.
- Communication Skills - Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; listen well.
- People Focus – Able to prioritise patients’ needs and work effectively with staff in different departments.
- Quality – Able to demonstrate consistency and reliability; adhere to standards and measures and seek ways to improve processes; identify and correct errors; test new methods thoroughly; reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority.
- Teamwork - Able to share due credit with co-workers; display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and solicit opinions from co-workers; display team spirit.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.