Deadline of this Job:29 September 2020
Duty Station:Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
POSITION: Information Technology (I.T.) OFFICER (on Contractual Basis)
Reporting to: Head Information Technology (1.1). .
Job Responsibilities includes but not limited to the following:
• Providing LT. Support to branches/offices of bank.
• Trouble shooting and ensuring proper upkeep of hardware/software, AMCs etc.
• End of day activities. . First level support on ATMs/Swift/Internet/ RTGS/ EFT/Clearing system/intercom system etc.
• ATM Swift database maintenance/back up, ATM Card/PIN mailer printing and handling issues related to ATM and ATM Cards etc.
• Creation, Printing of Baroda Connect User IDs/ Passwords.
• Providing Support to Customers for Baroda Connect, ATM & other IT Issues.
• Providing support on reconciliation module for Nostro reconciliation.
• Providing support to branches/offices on Core Banking System & all other software.
• Ensuring safety & security of data base & assets of the bank in I.T. Department.
• Ensuring and supervising smooth functioning of I.T. Department.
• Managing Products onsite.
• Preparation of documents for project planning & implementation. . Coordination with Data Centre/IT BCC for smooth functioning of Branches.
• Coordination/liaison with Vendors.
• Taking Data Backup & CCTV/DVR Backup and ensure their safe custody. Checking of Customised Cheque Books
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science with good Overall GPA (Minimum 2nd Class upper). Certificates like MCSE, CCNA, Oracle Certified professional etc. will be an added advantage.
• Applicant should have team building, computer and excellent interpersonal communication skills, besides high degree of integrity & confidentiality.
Candidate should have satisfactory experience, preferably -3- years, of which about -12- months or more of experience in organizations dealing with Banking / Finance / Supporting banking applications and should possess the following:
• Proficient knowledge of UNIX/LINUX / Windows & Oracle Database administration.
• Proficient knowledge in SQL & Transact SQL
• Knowledge of programming (Shell Scripting).
• Basic knowledge of Networking (WAN) & Security. Knowledge of Banking Software like Finacle/ Equinox/Bankmaster etc. will be an added advantage.
Maximum 30 years. However, Management reserves the right for determining the age criteria even beyond -30- years keeping in view the market conditions vis-à-vis requirement of the Bank based on experience / qualifications. criteria even beyond -30- years keeping in view the market conditions vis-à-vis requirement of the Bank based on experience / qualifications.
Remuneration: Bank offers an attractive pay package with good career prospects.
Job Education: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology
Job Experience: preferably -3- years
Job application procedure
Typed applications with full C.V., names of two referees with photocopies of academic/professional/experience certificates, proof of age etc. should be sent to the Executive Director, Bank of Baroda (Uganda) Limited, 18, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 7197, Kampala.
CLOSING DATE: Applications complete in all respect should reach to above address on or before 29.09.2020 by 3.00 p.m.
1. Envelope containing application must be clearly marked for the position applied for.
2. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for selection process as decided by the Bank.
3. No communication will be sent to the applicants whose applications are not found suitable during short-listing process.
4. Bank reserves the right to reject/accept any application and to relax/alter any condition without assigning any reason.
5. Bank reserves the right not to make any appointment as a result of the selection process.
6. The short-listed candidates will be subjected to written test and/or personal interview
. 7. Final selection will be subject to finding the candidate medically fit by Bank's Panel Doctor.
8. If any information with regard to Qualification, Age, Experience, background checks etc. provided by any applicant to the Bank is found to be false at any stage, the Bank reserves the right to cancel his/her selection/appointment at any stage.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.