Coordinate and provide advice and active support to hiring managers throughout the recruitment process, such as: identify resourcing options and strategies, adherence to policy, develop assessment materials, coordinate interviews etc.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
t's an exciting time to be part of Habitat for Humanity International, HFHI, in Africa! Habitat has recently centered its operations for Africa in Nairobi, Kenya as part of its Global Impact 2025 initiative. This is a dramatic change initiative aimed at tripling our scale, impact and funding by 2025. As part of our rapidly growing regional team, you will be a critical member in helping Habitat realize that vision.
About the Role
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of a HR Specialist. Reporting to the HR Director, the HR Specialist will coordinate the HR functions in Africa Area office and support National Offices (NOs) in ensuring efficient and effective HR policies and procedures that fits and is aligned with the organization's principles, strategy, and goals. They will be part of a team to support deployment, maintenance, and adaptation of HR-related systems and guidelines in line with the on- going organizational changes and initiatives. The incumbent will be the focal point for Africa Area office to deploy, train and build NO's capacities on the same.
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Coordinate and provide advice and active support to hiring managers throughout the recruitment process, such as: identify resourcing options and strategies, adherence to policy, develop assessment materials, coordinate interviews etc.
- Coordinate and organize HR systems to ensure smooth due processes in the selection and onboarding phase; background checks, offer & contracts, system set-up, induction, and orientations etc.
- Monitor HR best practices for efficiencies or other innovation in Africa Office and recruitments.
- Develop recruitment matrices and strategies to ensure timely and optimum staffing.
- Develop & review policies of the NO and Africa Office which included staff handbook, HR related procedure manuals, to ensure that the documents & practices meet the requirements of Local labor Laws and other statutory requirements.
- Generate HR reports, matrices, data, and analyses on a regular basis, e.g., staff turnover, engagement, retention and together with HR team suggest improvements.
- Collaborate with the HR team to identify and implement employee engagement activities that will enhance ministry alignment and enhance employee morale across Africa Office operations.
- Support the HR Director with the resolution of employee relation issues and disciplinary procedures.
- Coordinate the HFHI performance management system consistently and effectively to foster a performance-based culture.
- Support employees and Line Managers on all performance management issues, setting goals/objectives, monitoring performance, and giving and receiving timely and effective feedback, managing poor performance etc.
- Support in developing and reviewing performance improvement plans reports with the Line Managers and employees.
- Coordinate effective training/ socialization of the performance management system and ensure everyone understands the system, it benefits and importance.
- Enable a process of tracking progress from goal setting, monthly 1;1s, quarterly Ereviews, mid-year and annual performance reviews, ensure timely feedback is given and areas of concerns are addressed promptly.
- Address skill gaps that affect performance of employees at various levels.
- Ensure performance management system supports business goals and is aligned to the relevant strategies and initiatives.
- Support with conducting internal HR Audits ensuring that NOs are aligned to HR policies, systems, standards, and tools are aligned to local labor law and other standards.
- Support NOs to complete outstanding Audit and compliance recommendations and issues related to external, internal audits report and internal control issues.
Compensation and Benefits
- Support NOs in developing an overall compensation philosophy (salary increase, salary and benefits structure, timelines etc.) including coordinating in salary and labor market surveys and define benchmarking approaches.
- Analyze different components of the remuneration package internally, Compensation and Benefits surveys and prepare reports about the internal equity and external competitiveness.
Support and train HR colleagues and managers in the usage of various compensation tools and policies including development and updates of salary scales, National Staff manuals/ compensation guidelines, etc.
- Work closely with the Change Management Specialist to ensure alignment of the HR projects and current organization change initiatives and strategies across Africa.
- Participates in other HR or organization-wide projects and change initiatives.
- Ensure there is clear understanding of HR system including supporting the deployment - assessment of the required infrastructure, HR capacity and building the HR capacity at NOs.
- Actively seek and share best practices in INGOs and the business sector to improve quality of the HR products.
- Aid in the timely resolution of HR issues.
- Ensure consistency in the regularity of salaries and other remunerations across offices.
- Ensure employee attraction and retention.
- Ensure increased HR capacity.
- Ensure Effective system deployment.
- University degree in Human Resources Management or Organizational Psychology, Economics, Administration, Sociology, Public Policy/Administration, or other similar discipline.
- At least 5 years' HR management experience, preferably within an INGO or international development organization.
- Experience in compensation and benefit management, experience working with at least 3 countries in Africa.
- Hands on experience in HR Audit, Risk, compliance, Workforce Planning.
- Good knowledge of Employment/Local Labor laws and HR best practices in Africa.
Active support of HFHI Values & Commitments:
- Humility - We are part of something bigger than ourselves
- Courage - We do what's right, even when it is difficult or unpopular
- Accountability - We take personal responsibility for Habitat's mission
- Safeguarding: HFHI requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity's code of conduct.
- A Higher National Diploma in HRM and practicing member of IHRM and or any other HR certification preferred.
- Experience working with ERP systems.
APPLICATION DEADLINE - 7 OCTOBER 2022
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.