Amazima Ministries International is based in the Buikwe District. Amazima’s mission is to live out the love of Jesus by educating and empowering the people of Uganda and the communities we serve. The Amazima School is a Christ-centered Primary and Secondary School that exists to equip Ugandan students with the tools of learning to enable them to live fully for the glory of God.
The Human Resource Manager will lead Amazima’s hiring and onboarding process as well as develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with Amazima’s mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish recruiting and hiring plans and procedures for the organization in liaison with department directors.
- Oversee employee orientation process, onboarding/offboarding process, and the first 90-days including scheduling and coordination of performance reviews and following of agreed actionable.
- Manage personnel complaints, requests, and liaise with appropriate directors, and/or legal counsel to find solutions.
- Review and improve the performance management system including annual reviews. Make communications on all internal policies and procedures as well as external regulations and applicable labor laws to ensure legal and procedural compliance.
- Administer personnel benefits and compliance with tax laws, including periodic reviews of employee terms & conditions of service, salaries & benefits, employment contracts, and leave records to ensure that the organization remain competitive and to enhance staff motivation and retention
- Lead implementation of and ensure that the online HRIS is up to date and accurate. Review Leave management and ensure timely leave reconciliation and processing in the leave management system.
- Manage and ensure correctness and completion of HR records and documentation including Personnel files, organization charts, and databases.
- Ensure Audit ready records and files. Assist in Employee relations related to Staff Welfare management and other related HR initiatives.
- Conduct regular field trips to our Buziika office to monitor and review human resource and administrative procedures and assist project staff, where appropriate.
- 7-10 years experience in Human Resource Management in progressively responsible roles, with sound cross-functional experience as an HR manager.
- Member of the HR Uganda body preferred.
- Experience in Multi-cultural, multi-national, and multi-site non-profit organizations preferred.
- Expertise in national labor law, employment legislation & employment practices.
- Able to have a high level of confidentiality.
- Bachelor's or preferably advanced degree in Human Resource Management, Organization Development, Organizational Psychology or similar.
- Additional professional certification in HRM is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and the ability to learn new software.
- Must be a committed Christian who is in full agreement with the Statement of Faith of The Amazima School.
- Professional and personal references must demonstrate the observed manifestation of godly character and spiritual maturity.
- Must be able to pleasantly and competently interact with employees, legal counsel, as well as staff and students at The Amazima School.
- Must be a team player, able to take direction from the Business Manager and Country Director, and appropriately prioritize workload requests.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section