Under the supervision of the Center Coordinator, the job holder shall be undertaking timely daily processing of all STF financial transactions, reconciliations of all accounts including proper documentation and safe custody of all financial records.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Straight Talk Foundation (STF) is a Ugandan health communications National Non-Governmental Organization that was founded in 1993 and operates nationally in Uganda. Its activities and interventions aim at improving the sexual reproductive health and wellbeing of young people for adoption of healthy behaviors in Uganda through advocacy, evidence driven communication and youth friendly service delivery.
Straight Talk Foundation with support from the Embassy of Ireland has been implementing the Bursary programme with the aim of improving access to education, retention and completion of post-primary and post-secondary for the bright but disadvantaged girls and boys in the Karamoja Sub-Region.
STF seeks to fill the following vacant positions to support the implementation of the program.
2. Finance & Administration officer, Bursary (01 Position); Moroto
Under the supervision of the Center Coordinator, the job holder shall be undertaking timely daily processing of all STF financial transactions, reconciliations of all accounts including proper documentation and safe custody of all financial records. The position is also responsible for handling administrative services for the office. Stores and logistics management and support, ensuring that this is done through timely service delivery in line with STF policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Provide the Project Coordinator with all necessary information to ensure good financial management.
• Monitor the cash flow of the project bank account in order to ensure that the account is not over withdrawn.
• Undertaking the timely daily processing of all STF financial transactions, ensuring that all financial transactions are coded correctly, appropriately documented and approved.
• Performing reconciliations of cash and bank accounts so that the accounts are not overdrawn and all transactions are conducted within STF framework of operations while emphasizing safe custody of cheques, cash and other related financial documents.
• Liaise with the bank on issues relating to project financial dealings like cash withdrawals, deposits, and bank statement and ascertain cash balances at bank.
• Review and reconcile all transactions before posting into Navision including bank, cash, debtors and creditors accounts to ensure accuracy.
• Tracking financial commitments from staff and accountabilities for funds advanced to them timely as per STF policies.
• Check all expenditure request documents and receipts for accuracy, completeness and correctness of codes before preparing payment vouchers and issuing out cash and payment by EFT and receipts.
• Taking initiatives to ensure that funds are used in the best possible way and that there is general compliance and adherence with approved internal control measures and finance policies by the staff in the course of undertaking their duties.
• Effect control systems to ensure that procedures are in place to safeguarding cash, property and other assets. Funds are expended in accordance to donor requirements and regulations.
• Check all vouchers to ensure that they are serially numbered, properly described, signed, duly approved, stamped “PAID”, and supported by proper receipts or other documents.
• File all the financial documents ensuring that they are secure and well labelled.
• Retrieval of accounting information and transaction documents, recording and maintaining transaction in the systems.
• Provide the Project Coordinator with necessary background information and guidelines for the preparation of quarterly, mid-year and annual budgets.
• Provide the Program Coordinator with monthly variance statements indicating to him/her major likely variances in project finance expenditures.
• implement procurement processes and ensure compliance with STF needs, standards and policies including preparing Local Purchase Orders for acquisition of goods, works and services basing on dully approved documents and making sure they are approved by the designated persons before sharing them with the respective service providers and file copies of these for easy reference.
• Coordinate and manage all procurement requirements of the Office and ensure that the procurement process is carried out according to the STF Procurement Manual and guarantee best value for money.
• Support Bursary program staff members on planning for procurement and ensure that all required documents are forwarded in time, with clear specifications, financial codes and appropriate authorization.
Stock / Asset Management:
• Ensure that STF assets guidelines policy and procedures related to assets management are adhered to at all times to reach 100% transparency and accountability of all STF Assets and inventories in line with the policies of the organization, donors and audit recommendations.
• Coordinate, assist and support all activities on asset management at the Bursary Program office in liaison with the in charge of this function in Kampala.
• Implement and maintain appropriate store management systems including reception, storage and dispatch of all items ensuring proper documentation of all processes as well as preparing of monthly reports.
• Ensure appropriate stock control at the office and ensure a record of all relevant documents is maintained at all times.
• Ensure day to day running of the administration requirements at the Bursary Program Office.
• Ensure that communication systems – email and telephone are operational and functioning efficiently.
• Maintain the STF computers, printers, photocopier and communication system (telephone and radios) and ensure that they operate optimally.
• Supervise repair works done on STF equipment as and when required at the Bursary Program.
Academic Background, Experience and Person Specifications:
• The Applicant should possess a good University degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Commerce.
• Professional qualification of at least level 2 ACCA or CPA is an added advantage.
• Good financial management skills with knowledge of computer Accounting Packages and good understanding of major donor’s financial requirements, conditions and Government budgets and tax policies.
• Awareness of good practices in relation to child safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter (attached as one document) indicating 3 referees; one should be your direct supervisor and copies of academic documents to;
The Human Resource & Administration Manager
Straight Talk Foundation
Plot 4, Acacia Avenue, Kololo, P.O Box 22366 Kampala.
Only on line applications to email: email@example.com will be accepted _clearly indicating the position applied for in the subject line. Deadline for receiving applications is Sunday 25th February, 2024. Interested applicants are advised to apply at the earliest opportunity. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important to note:
Straight Talk Foundation works with children and young people in communities all over Uganda. Keeping children and young people safe is our priority and so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those suitable to work are considered for these posts.
STF operates and enforces policies on Child safeguarding and protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse among others. Successful applicants will be required to go through reference checks including with HR persons in their previous/ current work places.
Straight Talk Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Straight Talk Foundation does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.