The Field Officer - Internal Audit will play a critical day-to-day role in delivering GiveDirectly’s gold-standard cash transfer product to donors and recipients. He/she will be responsible for reviewing the recipient surveys and associated processes that facilitate GiveDirectly’s unique cash transfer model.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 2 years
GiveDirectly (GD) provides cash grants directly to people living in extreme poverty. Since launching in 2011, GD has raised over $1B, delivered cash to more than 1.5 million recipients, launched operations in 15 countries, and continues to expand its reach across the Global South. GD has also grown the research base supporting unconditional cash with 20 randomized control trials from its programs, generating rigorous evidence across countries and contexts. As a result, GD has been celebrated as one of the most innovative non-profit companies by Fast Company, while the growing cash transfer movement (and GD’s leading role within it) has been featured in the New York Times Magazine, This American Life, Foreign Affairs, and The Economist.
Across our global offices, our culture is candid, analytical, non-hierarchical, and agile. We work alongside 750+ individuals who come from 21 different countries and speak 69 different languages. Team members at GiveDirectly attest that diversity, equity, and inclusion are not just buzzwords, but a fundamental part of our culture and values. We actively seek to recruit individuals from the communities we serve, and use DEI as a lens in our hiring practices, programs, and initiatives. Our goal is to maintain a workplace where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work, and feel valued and respected for who they are. We strive to be inclusive of all cultures and experiences while upholding our values globally. In the spirit of our "Know Yourself and Grow" value, we recognize there is always room to improve our team's working experience. But day to day, we aim to "Create Positive Energy" - we take care of one another, have fun, aim to maximize flexibility and accessibility in roles, and pursue professional development opportunities to stay challenged & engaged in our work.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Field Officer - Internal Audit
The Field Officer - Internal Audit will play a critical day-to-day role in delivering GiveDirectly’s gold-standard cash transfer product to donors and recipients. He/she will be responsible for reviewing the recipient surveys and associated processes that facilitate GiveDirectly’s unique cash transfer model. The role will reward high-quality judgment on operational questions and challenges, work ethic, communication skills, and a strong commitment to GiveDirectly’s mission and model. In brief: The Field Officer- Internal Audit will be expected to audit the work of the enrolment team, whose core responsibility is surveying households and enrolling them in our programme.
Engaging with GiveDirectly recipients in the field, to:
- Assess our field processes and recommend any corrections and improvements as and where seen.
- Measure the quality of FO data against set data quality standards and report any cases of inconsistency.
- Assess our field team’s compliance with GD field processes and policies.
- Identify and report key risks associated with GD’s program in the community.
- Report any cases of fraud and bribery by GD staff and or recipient(s).
- Examine local stakeholder’s assessment of GD’s program within their community.
- Degree in a relevant field.
- Previous working experience in the field with preference to disadvantaged communities (2 years minimum).
- Ability to audit recipient surveys and associated processes.
- Some Monitoring and Evaluation Experience
- Fluency in required local language of the area (Nga'karimojong) and excellent communication skills
- Good computer and mobile device data entry and assessment ability or experience.
- Critical thinking ability and good judgment in resolving operational glitches.
- High-quality problem solving, work ethic.
- Good time-management skills
- Particularly skilled with interpersonal skills with high honesty, and integrity.
- Strong interest in the mission of GiveDirectly and commitment to advancing GD’s distinctive values.
- Physical fitness and the ability to cope with difficult weather conditions or terrain.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to represent the organization effectively to external parties.
- Ability to exercise patience and good judgment in resolving recipient problems.
- Strong alignment with GD values
This is a field based role on a temporary project (10 months) and applications for this role will be processed on a rolling basis.
Read more about our ongoing diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here and about our decision to move our central support teams to remote first here.
About The Hiring Process
Format: The hiring process follows the same general outline for all open roles:
First interview (30 mins)
Take home skills assignment (~2 hours)
Second interview (1 hour)*
Third interview (1 hour)*
Final interview (1 hour)
Reference checks (30 mins each)
- For some roles, second & third interviews are combined into a panel interview. If there are adjustments or variations on this process, those changes will be communicated during the first interview.
Venue: We conduct interviews over Google Meet with camera on (unless communicated otherwise).
Accessibility: Closed captioning is available during all Google Meet interviews, and interviewers will also post interview questions in the chat box throughout the call. If you need assistance accessing either of these features, please let your interviewer know at the start of your interview!
We’re committed to running an inclusive and accessible application process for all of our open roles. If there are questions or concerns you have about the accessibility of our hiring process, we warmly invite you to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**GD is committed to observing all local, national and international laws that protect children, vulnerable adults, and basic human rights of all. GD is committed to a policy of “zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH)” and expects anyone who works for GD to uphold the protection and safeguarding of our recipients as a priority.**
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.