You will be leading a team responsible for ensuring and improving the security and integrity of our software systems and technical operations, including open source applications developed in house and off the shelf, with a wide variety of technologies and stack components, hosted in colocated data centers around the world and in the cloud.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Director of Product Security to help develop, cultivate, and progress the security and privacy of our product services and systems.
The Director of Product Security will join the other Engineering Directors at Wikimedia who lead engineers building and operating features, products, and services used by hundreds of millions of people around the world. This is an opportunity to do good while improving the security, privacy, resilience, scalability, and maintainability of one of the top 15 websites in the world.
You will be leading a team responsible for ensuring and improving the security and integrity of our software systems and technical operations, including open source applications developed in house and off the shelf, with a wide variety of technologies and stack components, hosted in colocated data centers around the world and in the cloud. This position will report to the Vice President of Engineering.
This is a remote position; open to most locations in the world. Some travel required.
You are responsible for:
- The global product security program, consisting of, but not limited to, the following domains: Application Security Engineering, Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Security Incident Response, Privacy Engineering, Pen Testing, and Capabilities Management
- Providing strategy, leadership, staffing and budgetary requirements across a portfolio of security services in the above domains
- Ensuring the privacy, security, and integrity of our software products
- Leading the collaborative creation and maintenance of product and platform security policy
- Educating staff and volunteer technical contributors in secure software engineering practices
- Evaluating current capabilities in conjunction with the Capabilities Management team to ensure effective security controls and countermeasures
- Managing and developing a team of security professionals by hiring, managing performance, setting individual and team goals, and developing skills and career arcs.
- Work with cross-functional peer groups such as Enterprise Risk, Legal, IT, Finance, Advancement, Infrastructure Foundations and others in the Foundation to define and execute:
- Strategies for addressing security and privacy concerns;
- Initiatives to maintain security as related to software design, development, documentation, and release; and
- Practices to ensure the privacy, security, and integrity of data throughout the collection, access, analysis, release, and retention processes.
- Supporting the enterprise risk function in compliance and audit for GDPR, PCI DSS, and other applicable regulations
- Working closely with the Foundation and our volunteer community to cultivate an affirmative and proactive culture that ensures security and privacy efforts are baked into the ways we share free knowledge with the world
- Defining and setting priorities and roadmaps for the product security and privacy teams
Skills & Experience:
- Experience managing, establishing, creating, and deploying security and privacy efforts at a complex organization.
- CISSP, CEH, GWEB, CASS, and/or CSSLP certification is highly desirable
- Experience with software product security at a high traffic or high risk internet site is highly desirable
- 5+ years of progressive management experience
- 10+ years of applicable security practitioner experience
- Experience with a broad range of security services and disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent in work experience
Qualities that are important to us:
- Commitment to the mission of the organization, and our values
- Commitment to our guiding principles
- Effective at asynchronous communication
- Able to navigate and make decisions in circumstances with limited information
- Solutions focus in a complex environment where resources are limited and our guiding principles are ambitious
- Curiosity and commitment to continuous learning
- Ability to grow and learn as a leader while growing and developing others.
- Desire to get results through collaboration with others rather than personal technical proficiency.
- Emotional intelligence, kindness, and the ability to listen, understand, and respond to multiple perspectives.
Additionally, we would love it if you have:
- Experience with open source or open knowledge communities
- Experience as a contributor in the Wikipedia or Wikimedia project communities
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.