The Data Officer – Prevention main responsibility will be to support the HIV prevention, care and treatment program in all M&E related program activities with specific focus on data quality and use including; collection, summarizing, analysis, dissemination, storing and timely reporting of all data generated from the PEPFAR prevention Program.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Position Number: MUWRP/10/11/2022
Position Title: Data Officer – Prevention (1) Position
Position Location: Kayunga
Contract Tenure: 1 Year with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funding.
Position summary: The Data Officer – Prevention main responsibility will be to support the HIV prevention, care and treatment program in all M&E related program activities with specific focus on data quality and use including; collection, summarizing, analysis, dissemination, storing and timely reporting of all data generated from the PEPFAR prevention Program. S/he will assess the current M&E systems, capacity of data staff and address the identified gaps through capacity building and technical support and conduct on site visits to provide technical support through coaching and mentorship for improved data collection, reporting and utilization and support understanding and compliance with M&E procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Improve quality of routine and adhoc program data and/reports through data audits, data cleaning and verifications on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and ensure routine analysis for high level indicators
2. Establish report tracking systems to improve completeness and timeliness of reporting
3. Plan with program teams, sub grantee data officers, DHT and program technical advisors to ensure that sub grantee and district performance review meetings are conducted monthly and quarterly focusing on prevention indicators.
4. Conduct routine cleaning of various systems (KP tracker, OVC tracker, UDOTS, OVCMIS. PrEP) to ensure quality data and reports are generated, no backlogs exist and systems are used for program performance tracking and production of quality, reliable and accurate reports
5. Work with the district Bio-statistician, CDOs , HMIS FP and Program data officer to forecast, quantify and distribute HMIS program and PEPFAR tools required to support data capture and reporting.
6. Provide weekly analysis of surge indicators to the CBOs, sites and program teams to guide targeted community and facility level prevention interventions and monitor performance
7. Weekly data reviews with sub grantee data teams to improve data collection and utilization of this site and other facilities on the mainland
8. Build capacity of data teams supporting the OVC and prevention program in quality reporting for all indicators and data verification processes.
Required Education and Knowledge and experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in statistics, Quantitative Methods, Demography, Population Studies or any other relevant discipline from a recognized University. Additional training in Project Monitoring & Evaluation is required.
2. A minimum of three years related experience, proven track record in M&E/ PEPFAR data management and reporting.
1. Strong skills in data analysis and vast experience in working with information systems promoted by the ministry of Health and PEPFAR e.g. DHIS2
2. Strong skills in using GIS tools for data analysis and mapping
3. Excellent written and oral communications skills.
4. Ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve set goals.
5. Ability to meet very tight deadlines.
Supervisory Controls: The job holder will serve under the supervision of Program Officer M&E
1. Ability to permanently reside in Kayunga
2. Ability to frequently travel to the MUWRP PEPFAR supported sites in Kayunga, Mukono, Buikwe and Buvuma Islands.
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.