Deadline of this Job:14 August 2020
The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development through the Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines (Mines Department) is implementing the Mineral Wealth and Mining Infrastructure Project and Minerals Laboratories Equipping and systems Development Project.
In order to implement the above project efficiently and effectively, the Ministry seeks to recruit competent, trained and well-motivated persons to fill a number of vacancies in the Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines. The positions are on contractual basis and subject to renewal upon satisfactory performance.
Chemist (1 POSITION)
Reports to: Senior Chemist Location: Entebbe
Duties and responsibilities
• Carry out chemical analysis of rock, ore, mineral, fluids, and organic samples.
• Assist in carrying out research in analytical techniques.
• Supervise and ensure quality control in sample preparation
Person specification Qualification
• An Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry or Industrial Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
• Competencies: Good communication skills (oral/written), ethics and integrity, time management, flexibility, decision making, Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, excellent interpersonal skills; Team Player; Self-motivated, should be customer-centric and have good analytical thinking.
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified candidates should submit applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of academic and other relevant documents, names and addresses of three referees to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development. Attn: Principal Human Resource Officer. Amber House, Second Floor Room, 205, Kampala Road, Opposite Workers House not later than 14th August 2020 at 5:00 pm. The detail of the Job Advertisement (The Job duties and responsibilities) for the above positions can also be obtained from the Ministry's website: www.energyandminerals.go.ug
Please NOTE: The interviews for Askari and Cleaners will be held at the Regional offices.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.