The position is a full-time, in-country based at Latitude office reporting to the General Manager and Managing Director.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Traceability Officer / Data Analyst
Location: 2 openings - Bundibugyo & Kampala, Uganda (frequent travel)
Term: 1 Year – renewable
Start Date: Immediately
Latitude Trade Company (LTC) is a rapidly growing social enterprise in Uganda sourcing specialty cacao for export and producing bean to bar chocolate at origin. Working with over 5,000 certified organic smallholder farmers, our mission is to sustainably increase incomes and reduce risk for our suppliers while positively impacting the community and environment surrounding our operations. We aim to provide chocolate makers and consumers in East Africa and around the world with the highest quality, transparently sourced and fully traceable Ugandan cocoa products.
The position is a full-time, in-country based at Latitude office reporting to the General Manager and Managing Director. The core responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of LTC traceability system & data collection systems
- Weekly reporting on data collection activities
- Audit of farmer purchase and registration data through phone survey and unannounced field checks (key priority)
- Support operations and field teams to collect better data
- Ongoing Data cleaning & analysis (key priority)
- Establishment of routine data backups
- Traceability reporting for all export shipments
- Support Latitude customers to collect, utilize, and analyze farmer data
- Development of data collection systems and M&E strategies for grant reporting
- Ensure proper data availability and accuracy for Organic Certification
- Support further development of traceability and transparency systems
- Support and participate in external partner projects to leverage company data (microfinance, carbon credits, etc.)
- In addition to these responsibilities, all employees are encouraged to propose programs, strategies or experiments which they feel offer a promising avenue for improvements to the company or livelihoods of the farmers.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from reputable university in related field
- Prior experience in data analysis, data collection surveys, data cleaning,
- Working experience using relevant statistical software package
- High degree of organization and communication skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Ability and willingness to learn on the job
- Positive attitude and sense of humor
Benefits & Compensation:
- Competitive monthly salary
- Personal health expense coverage
- 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays
- Coverage of all work-related travel
How to apply.
Interested candidates, please submit CV, cover letter, and references through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now 'section. Please note, that this position is open to East African citizens only.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.