Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international independent humanitarian medical organization that delivers aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from health care.
MSF offers assistance to people based on need irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is looking to recruit a suitable candidate for the position below:
Job: PSYCHIATRIC CLINICAL OFFICER
Duty station: Imvepi
Advert posting date: 08th October 2020
Start of work: Mid-November 2020
Contract Duration: Open- term with 3 months’ probation period.
• Organize and ensure medical consultations to the target population, provide treatment to patients within the scope of his/her medical competencies and refer them when appropriate, according to MSF protocols, procedures and the universal hygiene standards in order to guarantee quality and efficiency of the service provided.
• Ensure the implementation & standardization of MSF clinical policies, tools, and hygiene protocols in order to minimize clinical risks and to guarantee the quality of patient care management.
• Implement diagnosis, prescription and prevention procedures that fall under the scope of his/her competencies applying medical knowledge, ask appropriate questions to patients and following protocols in force as well as using laboratory services when necessary, in order to ensure a correct implementation of the medical treatments and to refer patients when appropriate.
• Promote and maintain confidentiality regarding all patient cases and records Collect statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities.
• In cases of emergency, carry out first aid care and treatment according to protocols in order to reduce mortality rates
• Record in the individual patient’s card and registration books, all performed medical activities (drugs prescribed, lab results, doses, etc.) keeping data traceability in order to ensure patients treatment continuity.
• Provide psycho-education i.e. information regarding their health and responding to their questions.
• Know and promote the proper application of Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit and Sexually Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol.
• Inform the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution.
In consideration of a refugee setting:
· In addition to general mental health conditions and medical conditions falling under mental health in Uganda (e.g. epilepsy), provide consultation, diagnosis, treatment (both medical and psychological) and prevention for the following specific conditions: reactions to violence and trauma, bereavement and loss, survivors of sexual and gender-based violence.
· Adapt consultations and treatments to children to provide child-friendly services.
· Identify and assess referral destinations for higher level care and propose ways MSF could support these destinations if necessary.
· Liaise with other actors providing mental health and psychosocial care for good coordination of activities and appropriate referral networks.
· Identify children and adults with special needs and refer accordingly.
Essential Psychiatric Clinical Officer Diploma
Desirable previous clinical supervision experience of at least 2 years
English essential. Desirable local languages: Kakwa (Pojulu Bari), Arabic and Lugbara (Aringa).
Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Results and quality oriented, team work and cooperation, flexible, commitment to MSF principles, stress management
HOW TO APPLY
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to hand deliver their application package (CV, application letter and copies of academic/ work certificates) to:
Médecins Sans Frontières –Arua
Plot 2 Osu Cresent next to Anyafio Primary School West village
Or by e-mail: email@example.com
Deadline for receiving applications: 23rd October 2020 at 17h00
NOTE: The candidature files will not be returned. Only photocopies of important documents should be submitted.
NOTE: Only persons responding to the job profile will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
No monetary, goods or service offers, nor favoritism, will be tolerated in a recruiting process. MSF reserves the right to refuse anycandidate having benefited from such acts. Any illicit solicitations can be reported to the justice system.