Under the supervision of the program Specialist-Bursary, the job holder will be responsible for planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and reporting on project activities at the national level aimed at improving program Access to education, retention and completion post-secondary learning (universities and tertiary institutions) for the
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Straight Talk Foundation (STF) is a Ugandan health communications National Non-Governmental Organization that was founded in 1993 and operates nationally in Uganda. Its activities and interventions aim at improving the sexual reproductive health and wellbeing of young people for adoption of healthy behaviors in Uganda through advocacy, evidence driven communication and youth friendly service delivery.
Straight Talk Foundation with support from the Embassy of Ireland has been implementing the Bursary programme with the aim of improving access to education, retention and completion of post-primary and post-secondary for the bright but disadvantaged girls and boys in the Karamoja Sub-Region.
STF seeks to fill the following vacant positions to support the implementation of the program.
1. Program support officer, Bursary (01 Position); Kampala
Under the supervision of the program Specialist-Bursary, the job holder will be responsible for planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and reporting on project activities at the national level aimed at improving program Access to education, retention and completion post-secondary learning (universities and tertiary institutions) for the Bursary beneficiaries from Karamoja.
• Develop annual and quarterly Bursary work plans and budgets.
• Coordinate all students in the higher institutions of learning to ensure they are well facilitated and supported to be retained in order to complete.
• Participate in the bursary program’s advocacy and networking platforms by creating awareness on the existing opportunities of the bursary program at tertiary and institution levels.
• Participate in the monitoring and support supervision of the Bursary beneficiaries at the university and tertiary institution in order to enhance retention of beneficiaries.
• Prepare and submit quality activity, monthly, quarterly and annual reports in a timely manner.
• Ensure proper documentation and knowledge management, as well as sharing best practices and lessons learned from project implementation within the organization and other program stakeholders.
• Coordination with internal teams to identity and develop stories that illustrate the impact of the bursary program to the lives of beneficiaries and communities.
• Support regular updates of the Bursary Database, including its usability by students at tertiary, university level, the embassy of Ireland and other stake holders.
• Ensure and maintain proper and systematic documentation for students at tertiary and university level with special attention on their institution student portal.
• Organize student feedback platforms and maintain a systematic follow up on upcoming issues with their respective institutions of learning.
Academic Background, Experience and Person Specifications:
• The Applicant should possess a good University degree in Social Sciences, Education, and Development Studies
• A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience, preferably with NGOs with good knowledge of database management
• Computer literacy skills – MS office applications, word, excel, PowerPoint, spread sheets.
• Strong documentation, reporting, facilitation, analytical and presentation skills.
• Awareness of good practices in relation to child safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter (attached as one document) indicating 3 referees; one should be your direct supervisor and copies of academic documents to;
The Human Resource & Administration Manager
Straight Talk Foundation
Plot 4, Acacia Avenue, Kololo, P.O Box 22366 Kampala.
Only on line applications to email: email@example.com will be accepted _clearly indicating the position applied for in the subject line. Deadline for receiving applications is Sunday 25th February, 2024. Interested applicants are advised to apply at the earliest opportunity. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important to note:
Straight Talk Foundation works with children and young people in communities all over Uganda. Keeping children and young people safe is our priority and so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those suitable to work are considered for these posts.
STF operates and enforces policies on Child safeguarding and protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse among others. Successful applicants will be required to go through reference checks including with HR persons in their previous/ current work places.
Straight Talk Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Straight Talk Foundation does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.