The responsible person in this position plays a key role in ensuring access to health intervention in the community. S/he will be providing and documenting vitals check-up, supervising the Community Health Workers (CHWs), ensuring assistance in telehealth consultation, providing referral support etc.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 1 year
Reports to: Project Manager
Function: The responsible person in this position plays a key role in ensuring access to health intervention in the community. S/he will be providing and documenting vitals check-up, supervising the Community Health Workers (CHWs), ensuring assistance in telehealth consultation, providing referral support etc. The role is a field-based position and to implement field operational procedures.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Diploma in Medical Faculty/ MATS from any reputed institution.
- Age 25 to 40 years.
- Minimum 1-2 years professional experience in any recognized hospital/organization.
- Strongly motivated to contribute in the health sector in the community through their service.
- Have sound knowledge on Ugandan government health system.
- Basic computer literacy.
Description of Function:
- Provide healthcare support as an accredited medical professional in the designated households in the community.
- Contribute in awareness building in the community through household visit and health forums on health issues like cold, Pneumonia, Malaria, TB, Intestinal worm, Diarrhoea, HIV and health hygine practices etc.
- Oversee the activities of Community Health Workers (CHWs).
- Arrange and run the static clinic in the community and ensure primary healthcare support to the patients in the clinic.
- Identify patients who will need teleconsultation and facilitate telemedicine calls between patients and doctors.
- Conduct health forums to create health awareness among the program participants.
- Conduct follow-up household visits in the community to ensure special attention to vulnerable patients, monitor the service quality of the CHWs and check the health cards.
- Provide referrals to empaneled or government health institutes for patients.
- Manage the medicine stock and ensure proper management and distribution of medicine, and micronutrient powder (MNP) as per the requirements of the program.
- Check health cards and support in maintaining the overall transparency of the health financing component.
- Provide refresher training to the CHWs on programmatic and technical aspects of the program.
- Digitally and manually collect and preserve program data.
- Ensure proper documentation and reporting of the program data and files.
- Ensure knowledge dissemination on health packages, nutrition packages, government-supported health programs and health financing.
How to apply.
Interested candidates are advised to send their applications through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.