The PPDO, in collaboration with other units/ departments, will focus on the following delive
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Head Office, Kampala
Reports to: CMO
Provides supervision to:
Purpose of the position:
- The PPDO, in collaboration with other units/ departments, will focus on the following deliverables.
- New product development.
- Existing products profitability analysis.
- Data analytics on product portfolio and uptake patterns.
- Customer lifecycle management with focus on usage & revenue.
- Ownership of complete product go-to-market strategy, incl. promotions.
- Gross margin analysis for existing product sustainability.
- Service quality checks (Customer satisfaction).
- Develop and launch ARPU enhancement initiatives.
- Develop and launch usage enhancement initiatives.
- Industry benchmarking and best practice replication.
- Speed to market and extending support to Sales & Distribution.
Major Responsibilities: (please define in output format – 1to10 things of what you expect to see as a result of this position)
- Prepare product concepts and business cases for new products and services. Determine product specifications and features.
- Analyze and monitor existing products on a routine basis to understand the performance of the products and delivery methods and make recommendations.
- Pricing of new and existing products and services and make the necessary amendments.
- Analyze product uptake and usage patterns and understand voice of customer to recommend strategies for product refinement.
- Manage customer lifecycle journey for every product and use U&R as a tool to enhance usage/ revenue.
- Perform periodic gross margin analysis for all existing products and share sustainability analysis for management decisions.
- Monitor and evaluate the commercial advantage of competitors' products and services to align own product and service portfolios.
- Perform periodic product development research through participating in industry forums, direct customer contact/meetings, commissioned surveys, sales expeditions, competitor trade fairs and store visits and vendor contact.
- Maintain up to date competitor knowledge. Monitor competitors, create and update cross-references, perform ongoing research of competitor product features, mix and product development strategy. Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of competitor product to the component level and manufacturing source.
- Own entire product launch journey from conceptualization to go-to-market.
- Constant focus on usage & ARPU enhancement initiatives with periodic initiative to support.
- Identify new revenue streams through market evaluation of opportunities and support the development of funding strategies and/or concepts
Achieving quality results and service
Practicing accountability and integrity
Communicating information effectively
Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly
Understanding Lycamobile Uganda mission & operations
Practicing innovation & change
Learning for growth and development
Maintaining work/life balance
Building collaborative relationships
Practicing gender & cultural diversity
Influencing individuals & groups
Qualifications: Education/ Knowledge/Technical skills and experience
- A degree in Business Management, Bachelor’s Degree in Science/ Commerce, Statistics, or any relevant commercial discipline.
- Knowledge of mobile industry including systems, services, and products for mobility business.
- Customer lifecycle management- Discovery, Onboarding, Customer Usage & Revenue, Retention, Churn management.
- Writing and producing research reports basis in-depth analytics of usage patterns.
- Budgeting for usage and revenue management
- Dashboarding and monitoring progress against budgeted KPI’s.
- Administration experience.
- Good mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data.
- Advanced IT skills to include Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word and databases.
- To work in fast paced environment.
- Multitasking capabilities in a team environment.
- To work to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Good proof reading and editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivation.
Other critical skills and abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Energetic in approach.
- Willingness to learn.
- High level of honesty, integrity and confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-driven and willing to work with minimum supervision.
How to apply.
Interested candidates are advised to send their applications through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.