Trócaire is the overseas development agency of the Irish Catholic Church. We are a partnership agency with a focus on Food and Resource Rights, Women's Empowerment and Humanitarian response. Trócaire Uganda is currently recruiting for the position below;
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Advisor
Trócaire is committed to Safeguarding Programme Participants from exploitation and Abuse. The successful candidate will be expected to sign and adhere to Trócaire Safeguarding Policies.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Advisor 18 months contract non renewable. Location: Kampala, Uganda with frequent travel to Acholi/Teso with some International travel. The role will support the closure of a particular Program.
Key areas of responsibility include:
The role of the MEAL Advisor will be to support the country office and our partners to develop and use MEL systems and to ensure these systems are used for decision-making, reporting and documentation of results. The Advisor will need to be able to communicate MEL concepts to non-specialists in an easy to understand manner and support others to learn.
Programme Technical Support (40%)
• Support the compilation, revision and reporting of the programme results frameworks in line with organisational and donor priorities
• Support in the compilation and revision of programme donor reports including quarterly, biannual and annual reports
• Support programme staff in developing specific tools to track quantitative and qualitative data on programme results including both data collection and data entry and analysis tools
• Conduct analysis of primary and or secondary programme data, both quantitative and qualitative, for organisational and donor requirements.
• Train and support programme team in data management process, analysis and using results to inform programme strategy/implementation and decision making
• Support in the programme team in the implementation of IAPG Midterm Review recommendations to strengthen programme quality, impact and sustainability.
• Support the programme team in beneficiary targeting and counting in line with Trócaire and donor requirements and periodically update beneficiary numbers in Sales Force
• Take a lead role in developing and implementing programme studies including baselines, rapid assessments, annual surveys, evaluations and any other programme studies
Partner Technical Support (40%)
• Support partners to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation systems especially for the USAID RISE project
• Support in the compilation, revision, consolidation and reporting of the partner specific results frameworks and reports in line with organisational and donor priorities
• Support partner staff in developing specific tools to track quantitative and qualitative data on programme results and provide quality assurance during data collection, analysis and reporting.
• Support partners to conduct analysis of programme data, both quantitative and qualitative, to inform programme quality and decision-making.
• Train and support partner teams on results frameworks, data management, analysis and using results to inform programme strategy/implementation
• Train and support partners on beneficiary counting in line with Trócaire guidelines
Learning and Communications (10%)
• Support the documentation of learning from staff and partners in a manner that is accessible and can be easily communicated to internal and external audiences.
• Support the programme team to use monitoring and evaluation data to inform programme quality, learning and decision making
• Proactively seek out interesting stories highlighting the work done by staff and partners especially on programme impact, learning and accountability
• Support the production of communication materials like leaflets, brochures and success stories or case studies on programme impact
· Support the work of the Global Programme Impact and Learning (ToR) Unit by providing feedback on materials, sharing country experiences etc.
• Participate in Trócaire internal and external meetings, events and networks to share learning and promote our programming.
• Undertake any other responsibilities assigned by the Programme Director and/or the country management team.
Experience and Qualifications
· Degree in development studies or other relevant field
· Recognised courses in Monitoring and Evaluation.
· Minimum five years of working in an international or local organisation in Uganda/abroad.
· Experience in developing MEAL systems and processes
· Experience in using M& information for decision-making and reporting.
· Significant experience in capacity building on monitoring and evaluation in Uganda/abroad.
· Excellent communications and facilitation skills
· Excellent interpersonal and team-work skills.
· Highly organised, with excellent planning, prioritisation and problem-solving skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can get the detailed Job Description and application from the Weblink below and apply using the relevant template. .
Copy and paste the link in your browser to apply. https://apply.workable.com/trocaire/j/DD83BD26FC/
Sending Curriculum Vitae is not acceptable
This position is open to Ugandan nationals only. Applications by 20th July 2020