Candidate will have complete responsibility and accountability for the successful running of the Company’s facilities and equipment. Required to ensure the smooth operations of logistics and related services in a prompt and profitable manner, adhering to corporate HSSEQ commitments and company policies.
- Minimum Qualification:Certificate
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:10 years
Ideally holds a Tertiary level of education within engineering/ management and/or related field
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Attributes:
• Previous related experience, with a minimum of 10 years of experience
• Experience in running workshops and warehousing
• Has experience with a fleet of over 100 pieces of equipment (Cranes from 20 to 500 Mt, forklifts from 3 to 15 Mt, 100 + light and heavy vehicles)
• Experience with Maintenance Planning, Scheduling, and Execution
• Experience with budgeting for large maintenance and facilities, along with cost control and reporting
• Excellent in written and spoken English.
• Excellent Networking skills
• Good Influencing & Persuasion skills
• Good Customer Relations Management skills
• Working knowledge of international HSE regulations, standards, and management systems
• Very well organized and ready to work in a dynamic environment
• Experience with lifting operations and implementation of lifting plans, ideally LOLER certified
• Oversee personnel within Uganda which includes, but is not limited to, work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel action; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance. Work in conjunction with Regional Manager to develop and implement local systems, policies, and procedures.
• Organise and co-ordinate each operation, via the team, such that it can respond to client requests effectively and promptly on a 24-hour-a-day service level
• Responsible for the cost-effective use of operations personnel and assets
• Determine and monitor the manpower requirements in coordination with the client Infrastructure team and the Corporate CHRO.
• Prepare an annual budget, costings, and expensive equipment and facilities.
• Prepare monthly reports over a number of qualitative and quantitative aspects;
• Promote HSSEQ and COVID 19 protocols through safety leadership always to all staff, contractors, and Customers.
• Ensure that all Health, Safety, and Environment requirements, whether legal, Company or Client defined are being adhered to by Company employees, sub-contractors, and anyone at the base in general at all times;
• Attend and actively participate in Company and Client HSSEQ meetings and training sessions
• Comply with Statutory and Client HSSEQ regulations
• Managing and regularly appraising the MedservRegis local team
• Build effective relationships with Client personnel and promote the Company’s name at all times, ensuring the service levels across the business meet customer expectations
• Seeking innovative solutions and opportunities that will allow the business to grow
• Oversee daily work distribution in the Yard and coordinate workload with the local team. Plan & manage the utilization of equipment and facilities space based on project requirements and potential project awards.
• Coordinate with sub-contractors providing services and equipment in the Yard.
• Based on requirements of different projects be involved hands-on in the coordination of the respective projects and be able to coordinate equipment/manpower efficiently
How to apply.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.