Provide leadership to ensure that all grants’ reports are discussed with the project team and passed to donors and support office within the required time schedules.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting Grants and Compliance Manager for our program in Uganda to be based at Kampala Office. You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Reporting to the Country Finance Coordinator, the Grants and Compliance Manager will be required to lead and provide overall Grants financial management and compliance to Alight Uganda, with the primary objective of coordinating the development of a high-quality grants budget proposal and excellent management of grants implementation, including but not limited to budgeting, reporting, and project auditing.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Grants Financial Management and Reporting
- Provide leadership to ensure that all grants’ reports are discussed with the project team and passed to donors and support office within the required time schedules.
- Manage the Grant Tracking Sheet, BVAs and provide timely financial analysis across a portfolio of grants to Operations Team to ensure the effective and solid implementation of projects.
- Ensure spending is within the budget limit to control under/overspending within project.
- Lead the budgeting in grant proposal development to ensure timely, competitive and high-quality budget with adequate cost recovery.
- Develop and maintain good professional networks with the Grants Acquisition Managers, Global and Regional GAM Unit.
- Ensure accurate and fully coded budgets align with Alight and Donor requirements.
Risk Management and Compliance
- Ensure that various donor regulations are complied with in all grant transactions and processes: keep the CFC informed on all major compliance issues/challenges while taking the necessary corrective steps.
- Lead the preparation of various donor audits.
- Ensure all follow-up actions and implementation of audit recommendations and addressing common audit findings.
- Observe and monitor all internal control issues around grants.
- Using a risk-based approach, evaluate internal controls and business processes and advise relevant Alight management on best course of action to improve efficiency, mitigate risks and comply with internal policies, laws, and regulations.
- Assist in investigations regarding compliance issues raised, particularly where coordination among multiple departments is necessary
- Based on data from relevant grants and compliance reports, identify training needs related to grants and compliance, internal controls, and develop and/or deliver training on internal controls, compliance, ethics, and anti-fraud measures
Networking and Collaboration
- Correspond and build a strong relationship with Field Offices, donors, and Senior management regarding the grants budget, project income, expenditure, and reporting.
- Lead Alight Uganda in dealing with different Donors and other UN Agencies for the timely fund reimbursement.
- Liaise with Donors and Field Offices regarding the grants project budget, project income, expenditure and reporting.
- Actively participate in INGO Finance Network and Alight Global Grants Finance related forum.
People Management and Development
- Implement a capacity development plan and create an environment of experience sharing and promote best practices.
- Train and provide mentoring to all grant implementing staff on matters related to grants Monitoring and Management.
- A university degree in accounting or equivalent or a full Professional.
- Accounting qualification; ACCA, ICMA, CPA, CA,CIA, CFE or its equivalent.
- Knowledge of major donor regulations such as BPRM, EU, and UN funding streams is a must.
- Five (5) years of experience at a senior-level
- Practical knowledge of financial systems, internal financial controls & procedures and staff management skills.
- Donor/Grant accounting experience within Consortiums and/or complex grants is preferred.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Significant experience in using Financial Management Information Systems (Serenic-Microsoft Dynamics, accounting package is an added advantage).
- Broad working knowledge of Budgeting and budgetary control, Financial analysis, Donor financial accounting procedures, Operations of sub grant partners/community-based organizations, Accounting Procedures and Standards and Computerized Accounting Systems and Spreadsheet
- Excellent Report writing skills.
- Good problem-solver, analytical, creative and innovative.
- Working knowledge of donor financial accounting procedures, GAAP, IAS/AFRS accounting requirements and budgeting, Tax laws and systems in Uganda
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret financial procedures and standards, put them in practice and influence others in their implementation.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field, Country office, Central Government and Local Authorities.
- Good, proven experience of training and developing staff.
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Being able to proactively identify and address issues.
- Ability to work with high degree of professionalism.
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.