· Prepares proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
· Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
· Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
· Enters and monitors tracking data.
· Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information to review meetings.
· Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
· Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
· Writes, revises, and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
· Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinating printing.
· Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
· Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
· Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
· Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A. Grant Writer Qualifications / Skills:
· Presentation skills
· Written communication
· Graphic design skills
· Technical documentation
· Layout skills
· Problem solving
· Process improvement
· Strategic planning
· Market knowledge