This position works under the WASH/Health Project. Under the supervision of the Health and Sanitation Coordinator.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
East African Ministries|4africa is a faith-based organization that exists to exalt Jesus Christ by restoring and empowering people to become good stewards of their community and country- imparting biblical principles through sustainable clean water and preventative health initiatives while educating future leaders, all with a heart for service.
EAM|4africa has programs in Uganda and South Sudan, and support offices in the US and Australia. EAM|4africa is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following vacancy.
JOB POSITION: Facilitator Health & Sanitation (1 position)
REPORTS TO: Health & Sanitation Coordinator
PROJECT LOCATION: Omoro District
JOB TYPE: Full-time
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: 14th August 2022, 4:00 pm
This position works under the WASH/Health Project. Under the supervision of the Health and Sanitation Coordinator. The Facilitator is responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring, and reporting the health, hygiene, and sanitation (HH&S) activities in communities and schools. He or she works closely with local leaders, and health promoters and carries out activities geared towards the promotion of safe hygiene practices in the communities and schools.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Ensure no compromise with our identity, Christ is the Center for all we are doing, we should do all things through him and let His light shines and glory goes back to Him.
- Ensure ministry or spiritual activities is a priority during health promotional activities
- Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership and integrity through lifestyle and professional relationships.
- Participating in, and occasionally leading, daily Christian devotions prior to the start of each workday;
- Influence EAM’s culture to be one of transparency, excellence, and generosity of spirit.
- Demonstrating and sharing the love of Christ to the people we serve.
- Conducting yourself in a professional manner both on and off duty and modeling Christianity to your fellow coworkers and the communities we serve; demonstrating and sharing the love of Christ to the people we serve.
Program design and Strategy
- Implement appropriate H&S interventions in line with EAM Country Strategic Plan and EAM minimum standards.
- Support HH&S program officers in Implementing HH&S annual plans.
- Evaluate the HH&S component where necessary.
- Make proposals and strategies for adapting the H&S component to an ever-changing environment.
- Prepare monthly, HH&S plans and Budgets for consolidation by Health Coordinator.
Implementation of HH&S activities
- Provide technical support to community health promoters in developing and applying appropriate approaches and interventions.
- Maintain liaison with schools, communities, and local leadership where programs are operational
- Contribute to the design and implementation of specific studies (baselines, BBA, evaluations, special assessments, and studies) as per the EAM monitoring and Evaluation system.
- Plan and schedule work with VHTs and cluster leaders to attain efficiency and effectiveness of sanitation promotion in the communities.
Research Documentation and Reporting
- Prepare concise H&S weekly reports for Consolidation by the health coordinator.
- Review and communicate to the health coordinator equipment /materials needed to ensure appropriate, effective, and efficient implementation of H&S activities.
- Maintaining updated OFA HH&S records, reports, and database of program work.
- Maintain regular communication with the Health Coordinator through, but not limited to weekly briefs and planning meetings.
Implementation and Delivery
- Produce detailed weekly and monthly activity plans.
- Prepare training/ promotional materials and tools and carry out training of community and school health promotional structures.
Community Health, Hygiene & Sanitation Promotion
- Mobilize and select, and train appropriate structures for health promotion e.g. clusters and local leaders on health promotional approaches.
- Mobilize and trigger the community for behavior change through CLTS and other appropriate promotional approaches as identified from baseline and behavior barrier analysis.
- Follow up and monitor behavior change progress towards open defecation free (ODF) leading to the attainment of attaining ODF status.
- Carry out tailored skills training to communities in relation to skills/knowledge gaps identified during behavior barrier analysis in accordance with CLTS.
School Health and Sanitation promotion
- Conduct School hygiene and sanitation mobilization meetings and training
- Annually conduct knowledge attitude and practice tests, and revisions in schools.
- Formation and training of school health clubs.
- Training school science teachers on School hygiene and sanitation including developing an action plan to improve Health and sanitation in schools.
- Conduct promotional activities including School led total sanitation (SLTS).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency in written & spoken English.
- Good computer skills in MS Office applications (MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint) & internet use.
- Report writing skills.
- Workshop facilitation skills.
- Mature Christian with respect for communities.
- Formal training in CLTS or other approaches will be added advantage.
- Riding experience with a valid driving license with a clean record will be an advantage.
- Analytical skills & decision-making abilities in complex & sensitive situations.
- Fluency in spoken Luo
REQUIRED ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Environmental Health Science, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Community Development or Community Psychology
- 2 years of field experience in a similar role with an NGO/INGO operating in the water sector preferably in a rural setting
- Practical field experience in the application of approaches like CLTS, PHAST, UMOJA & CWAST Sanitation Marketing, Household Improvement campaigns, CHAST, SSHE, etc.
- Experience in design & delivery of capacity-building training in Schools & Communities with good facilitation skills
How to apply.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.