Provide analysis, reporting, insights and communications regarding credit performance of the company’s portfolio,customers, and products and services. This includes undertaking data analysis, conducting creative experiments,investigating causal drivers of issues, and preparing reports used internally and by external stakeholders.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
1. IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
Job Title: Credit Analyst (Global Role)
preference to be based in Kampala, Uganda Department: Commercial Customer & Credit
Job Band: Officer or Lead (D1/ C3) Cost Centre (Budget): Credit
Date Prepared: 9 th December 2021 [Applications due by 16 th January 2022]
2. JOB PURPOSE
• Provide analysis, reporting, insights and communications regarding credit performance of the company’s portfolio,customers, and products and services. This includes undertaking data analysis, conducting creative experiments,investigating causal drivers of issues, and preparing reports used internally and by external stakeholders. In liaison with the Credit Manager, the analyst shall provide key insights to influence credit behaviour and performance.
• The role is a global role, with a preference for experience in Ghana.
3. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS (Main activities undertaken by the jobholder and reflective of the most
important features of the job)
1. Work with credit managers and data analysts to formulate, investigate and answer key credit questions and provide quality analysis to inform management on customer, product, and portfolio credit performance
2. Contribute to the development of reports to key stakeholders including senior management, the board of directors and investors, including graphical analysis, presentations, and verbal and written communications.
3. Conduct and report on experiments and initiatives geared towards improving and maintaining a healthy credit performance across customer base, such as collections targeting, behavioral nudge campaigns, etc.
4. Contribute to the development of credit and financial models to be used by the business, including but not limited to bad debt modelling, debt collection processes, cash flow modelling, and loss rate assumptions
5. Monitor and report on key performance metrics on core products and pilots, including standard and non-standard forms of portfolio health and delinquency reporting, repayment rates, etc.
6. Liaise with other (typically more operational) departments to ensure that actions are appropriately carried out to execute on key initiatives to drive improved credit performance, reduce risk and improve accountability.
4. ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE
This position reports to (Title):
Credit Manager, Credit Associate or Head of Credit
Reports of this position may include (Title/ s):
5. DECISION MAKING & AUTHORITY (For HODs and above only. If None, write “None”)
Decisions made by the position:
Recommendations made by the position:
Portfolio analytics and reporting
Credit metric assumptions for product pricing
Interventions to improve credit performance
6. EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS & COMPETENCIES/ LICENCES & CERTIFICATIONS/
EDUCATION REQUIRED (Minimum level of experience, skills and competencies, licences &
certifications and education required to perform effectively in the role)
• 3-5 years of work experience in an analytical role, such as a credit analyst, statistician, data analyst, or researcher
• Credit, data, or financial analysis skills to effectively review and report on key performance metrics
• Knowledge of lending business practices and consumer credit in emerging markets strongly preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills to effectively communicate with colleagues and senior stakeholders
• A positive, learning-oriented attitude and capacity for self-empowerment and creative thinking
• University degree preferably in a quantitative field, including statistics, engineering, accounting or economics
• Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and understanding of statistics and quantitative methods required
• Proficiency in data analytics and familiarity with visualization tools including SQL, R!, Python preferred
7. OTHER COMMENTS (If any)
Industry: Financial Services
Years of Experience: 3-5 years
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.