Youth to Work is the flagship employability programme within Futuremakers by Standard Chartered, the Bank’s global initiative to tackle inequality and promote greater economic inclusion for young people in local communities. The programme is funded by the Standard Chartered Foundation (SCF) and delivered by Challenges Worldwide to support young professionals become catalysts for positive change in business and community across Kampala.
The objective of the Youth to Work programme is to position and equip young people with skills and opportunities to create economic and employment changes across the economy for sustainable and measurable impact.
The Junior Associates will be trained in key accredited business, consultancy and employability skills and will be placed in small and growing businesses (SGBs) to provide on-site business development, growth, and resilience support co-created with the enterprise top management. In addition, young people will be equipped with key skills for employment and/or entrepreneurship that will be used to support the wider ecosystem, other young people, and their communities.
The following eligibility criteria apply to all young professionals seeking to participate in the programme.
• Be 21-30 years of age or (21-35 for persons with disability).
• Hold a relevant university degree OR have a sound understanding of finance for business, demonstrated through previous work experience
• Interest in small business development and entrepreneurship
• Excellent communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office packages especially Excel and Word).
• Previous internships and voluntary work experience are an added advantage
• Ability to travel to training and work placement in Kampala. (successful candidates based outside Kampala will have to find accommodation within Kampala at own cost)
• Ability to commit to a 5-month full-time placement (January – May 2021) and 2-week training
• Must be fluent in both written and verbal English.
Follow this link; https://thechallengesgroup.com/youth-application-form_ug/ to download the form and return it to email@example.com by midnight on 18th October 2020. Please visit our website at thechallengesgroup.com/youthtowork/ for more information.
Answer all questions to the best of your knowledge, incomplete forms will not be considered. Please attach your CV (2 pages maximum) and any relevant academic documents to this application when submitting. Rename all documents submitted with your full name.