Reporting to: Garage Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements).
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded.
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Joining of different metallic parts in steal and cast-iron metals.
- Making of different cuttings with either use of the grinder or gas.
- Fabrication of different truck body parts of a truck where necessary.
- Guiding and advising customers on when and how to weld different body parts that need temporary and permanent joining’s.
Job Requirements and qualifications
- Minimum of a diploma in metal works and fabrication or related course from a recognized academic institution.
- Experience in welding, machine repair, and fabrication of different vehicle body parts.
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position in a busy working environment.
- Ability and willingness to work.
- Should be in a good physical health condition.
- Able to work under minimum supervision.
Interested candidates should send their CVs through the Brightermonday portal by clicking on the Brightermonday portal
Deadline: 24th April 2021