Working under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Accounting Officer will be responsible for tracking, monitoring and evaluating day-to-day accounting tasks and activities. These tasks are essential to ensure ADIC’s performance and success.
We are looking for a reliable accounting officer to join our team! As an Accounting Officer, you will supervise, monitor and evaluate all day-to-day accounting activities. In addition, you will be establishing financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analysing, verifying and reporting financial information.
Core Duties and Responsibilities.
• Plan, implement and oversee overall accounting strategy
• Oversee accounting daily operations
• Take responsibility for accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity etc
• Monitor and analyse accounting data
• Set up and monitor accounting KPIs
• Regularly produce financial reports or statements
• Adhere to proper accounting methods, policies and principles
• Encourage other employees to adhere to standards
• Train new employees
• Perform and oversee annual audits
• Provide recommendations
• Meet financial accounting objectives
• Prepare and present KPIs to stakeholders
• A critical understanding of and deep commitment to social justice and human rights issues facing women and trans* peopleworldwide
• X years of experience as an Accounting Officer preferably in a related organization
• Excellent computer skills on MS Office
• Excellent knowledge and experience with accounting software and databases
• Ability to multi task
• Understanding and knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success. Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills as demonstrated in at least 2 years of professional experience
• Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Team player
• Good time-management skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• BS degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field is desirable
ADIC is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, age, religion/belief, HIV status and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities and women are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
For more information about ADIC, visit our website at www.africandicenter.org. Applications will be accepted up to July 30th, 2020 or until the position is filled, whichever is earlier. Please submit your letter of motivation with a detailed CV/resume stating your expected remuneration, email, telephone contacts, names and full contact details of three referees to email@example.com
Please write “ADIC Accounting Officer” in the Subject Heading.