Provide guidance on policy and planning in the animal sub-sector in the sub county.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
Salary scale: U4SC
Reports to: Senior Assistant Secretary
Responsible for: Assistant Animal Husbandry Officer
• Provide guidance on policy and planning in the animal sub-sector in the sub county.
• Provide quality assurance on agricultural services, inputs and products.
• Promotion of Animal Health and Production.
• Responding to disease outbreaks.
• Promote Animal Welfare to ensure the following animal welfare activities are complied with:-
(i) Animals have appropriate housing.
(ii) Animals have adequate feeding and nutrition.
(iii) Animals receive required Health Services
(iv) Humane handling of animals during transportation, shows, work, sports and slaughter.
(v) Ensure responsible ownership of animals.
• Create awareness and enforcement of veterinary laws, regulations and standards through inspection, issuance of permits and certificates.
• Ensure control of tsetse flies, ticks and vectors of veterinary importance
• Capacity building of service providers and extension staff on pest, disease control and Production.
• Provision of veterinary public health services e.g. meat/milk inspection.
• Prepare and disseminate reports to relevant stakeholders
• Maintain and regularly update farmer’s register
• Promote farmer institutional development
• Promote agribusiness services
• Regularly conduct training needs assessments and develop capacity building programs for stakeholders
• Hons Bachelor Degree in Veterinary Medicine from recognized institution
• Must be a registered veterinary surgeon
• Project management; Concern for Quality and Standards;
• Ethics and integrity; Communication; and Time Management.
How to apply.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following posts that exist in the service of Kakumiro District Local Government.
Application forms PSC form 3 (Revised 2008) can be obtained from the following offices; Public Service Commission, District Service Commissions Country wide or downloaded from https://www.kakumiro.go.ug/jobs
Filled forms in Triplicate together with their recent passport size photographs of those who meet the stipulated requirements below must reach the office of the Secretary, District Service Commission P.O. Box 522, Kakumiro not later than 14th December 2022.
Serving officers must route their application through their Heads of Departments who should observe closing date. Application must bear the post title applied for as well as the Reference number. Only photocopies of Academic certificates and transcript fully certified by the awarding institutions as a must and NOT originals must be attached to the application.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.