Work collaboratively to lead the development and implementation of MEL procedures, including defining indicators and preparing indicator reference sheets.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Executive level
- Experience Length: 12 years
Research Triangle Institute (RTI) has over 30 years’ experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector. As a not-for-profit, independent research institute based in North Carolina, USA, RTI has roughly 6,000 employees with global experience implementing international development projects.
The Global Health Division (GHD), within the International Development Group (IDG), works in Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases; Global Health Security and Public Health Preparedness; Heath Systems Strengthening - including Health Governance, Health Finance, Human Resources for Health, Capacity Building, and Health Policy and Advocacy; and Integrated Care - including Reproductive, Maternal, and Child Health and Family Planning. We address a range of public health problems to reduce disparities, lower disease burdens, and build locally owned sustainable health programs.
The GHD is pursuing an anticipated USAID-funded opportunity called the Uganda Strengthening Local Health Systems (SLHS) Activity. This activity will be a comprehensive initiative to strengthen key elements of Ugandan health systems focusing on health care financing, human resources for health, health information systems, and community health systems. With a focus on sustainability and long-term impact, this program will work closely with Ugandan health authorities to enhance healthcare delivery, resources, and capacity.
This position will be based in Kampala, Uganda with the need to travel to other regions throughout the program implementation period.
The GHD is seeking a MEL Director for the anticipated USAID Uganda Local Health Systems (LHS) Activity. The MEL Director will lead and guide the Uganda LHS team on MEL and collaboration related activities while working with all technical staff to oversee tools for data collection, storage, and analysis, as well as train staff and partners on MEL system operations, collection methods, and tools. The MEL Director will perform data analyses, generate reports of findings, and create graphics to contribute to reporting requirements and project communications. The MEL Director will also plan for and supervise intermittent performance evaluations, collect and disseminate lessons learned, and share successes during project implementation. This position will directly report to the Chief of Party.
Position is contingent upon award and funding.
Your primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Work collaboratively to lead the development and implementation of MEL procedures, including defining indicators and preparing indicator reference sheets.
- Design and implement the project’s learning agenda and CLA strategy. Coordinate effectively with other implementing partners and participate in MOH and USG hosted MEL/CLA events to facilitate valuable learning leadership to project staff and other stakeholders.
- Oversee the collection of baseline data and target setting.
- Oversee the collection of, analysis of, and reporting on performance indicators by project staff and grantees.
- Maintain the MEL system, periodically evaluate its effectiveness and adjust, as necessary, to provide the project with accurate and useful data.
- Lead the development of monthly, quarterly, and annual progress reports on the status of project implementation; contribute to other project reports such as annual work plans.
- Integrate MEL into a routine project evaluation and performance improvement process that uses MEL findings to adjust program activities.
- Ensure that ULHS project leadership and all staff and grantees understand the importance of MEL and the use of information for learning purposes; supervise and mentor MEL staff.
- Support ULHS in refining the project’s results framework and participate in work planning sessions.
- Hold primary responsibility for project performance and budget management.
- Leads planning, oversight and coordination of all project activities and personnel, operational and technical.
- Ensures all project deliverables exceed expectations and managed within budget.
- Manages client relations and serves as primary liaison for MEL procedures and reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree and 12 years of experience, master’s degree and 10 years of experience, PhD and 6 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Progressively responsible experience and expertise in the implementation of large and complex projects relating to local health system strengthening, global health, and/or related field is preferred.
- Experience working with government organizations in Uganda, with demonstrated understanding of existing platforms and opportunities for engagement.
- Familiarity with international development systems, policies, finances, and management in developing countries, specifically USAID.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, and with multiple concurrent demands.
- Strong skills in project and administrative and staff management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work throughout Uganda.
- Fluency in English required.
Ugandan natives highly encouraged to apply.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.