We are looking for a skilled UI/UX Artist who is passionate about creating seamless and user-friendly interfaces.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
UI/UX Artist (m/f/d)
- Remote OK
We believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. When other studios see an old game, we see a fantastic set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 300 people in over 30 countries globally. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feel with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Team members are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently. We think that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team. Check out more about us and our values on our website (www.decagames.com).
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world in the CET timezone (9 a.m. – 6 p.m. CET).
About the role
We are looking for a skilled UI/UX Artist who is passionate about creating seamless and user-friendly interfaces. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in enhancing the overall player experience by designing intuitive and visually appealing user interfaces. In this role, you will collaborate closely with game designers, artists, and engineers to take wireframes and bring them to life while improving the UX with visuals. You will be responsible for applying our current art style while also helping to push and define it.
- Create visually stunning, intuitive, and responsive user interfaces for in-game menus, HUDs, character inventories, and more. Ensure a seamless and enjoyable player experience throughout the game.
- Develop interactive prototypes and wireframes to visualize and communicate design concepts effectively. Iterate and refine designs based on feedback and user testing.
- Work closely with game designers, artists, and engineers to integrate UI/UX components into the game world. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the seamless implementation of design concepts.
- Planned, conducted, and analyzed user testing sessions to validate and refine UI/UX design choices. Ensure the game’s interface meets players’ expectations and usability standards.
- Maintain UI/UX design consistency throughout the game, ensuring that it aligns with the game’s art style, theme, and overall user experience.
- Prioritize accessibility in design, ensuring that all players, including those with disabilities, can enjoy the game without hindrance.
- Create and maintain detailed design documentation, style guides, and asset libraries for UI/UX components.
- Design and Implement medium to complex flows, screens, and components at a high-quality bar with minimal oversight.
- Proven experience in UI/UX design for video games, preferably in MMOs or other online multiplayer games.
- Proficiency in design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, or Sketch.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and player psychology.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with user testing and user research methods.
- Familiarity with game development tools and engines.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support a personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish, etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 30 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.